Dose the club hold any parts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dose the club hold any parts ?

Hi all dose the club hold any parts for restoring my car ? Looking for quite a few parts to get it back on the road after being left in dtorage for 17 years

thanks Craig

no all was sold off
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

yes it was a shame the club sold all the spares off after loging and taking pictures of spares.but I think the person doing the parts lost the storage.it might be usefull making a list of parts your after and put on the site and you mite get someone contact you.
      or e-bay are a good source

Comment

No a big mistake as without parts your got a lot of work trying to source NLA parts
        Sure & steadfast.
        BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
        1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
        1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

body panels seems to be the hardest to get.metal bumper rear wheel arches seems inpossable.you can get the plastic bumper wheel arches on e-bay.ive not seen any door skins

Comment

Maybe it time to get some reproduced ?
            Sure & steadfast.
            BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
            1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
            1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

The spares were sold as we were losing our free storage and the spares co ordinator wanted her life and garage back, no one came forward to take the job on and storage costs money so we sold the parts job lot. The trouble of getting parts reproduced is not many want to pay the going rate for it, Ed lent a guy one of his original montego sills to reproduce, they guy did a good job aaaaanddd hasn't sold one. you also then have to store them somewhere and that also costs storage money. I had various parts reproduced and some got 'lost' in the post leading to me losing money. I will never do that again. If I have anything done now, it's for my own car. Mal Watson and Sean Norwood bought many parts from closing down Rover dealers etc, most moaned about the prices they were charging even though they were much cheaper than any dealer, Another old mate of mine did a deal with Rover at Coventry for many cheap parts, got the usual yeah order me this and that. He went right out of his way on this and ordered parts for many people, only 5 turned up to collect, leaving him red faced and he then left the scene totally pissed off. I bought the very last new Montego headlining that day and many other parts to completely fill my car with bargain prices. When Mal closed his barn he continually put out for people to have a rummage and buy parts, only a few turned up so he sold much in a job lot and scrapped the rest, you can keep helping and getting nothing back for so long before giving up.
              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th April 2017, 17:38.
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

yes jeff you make a good point has the maestro and montego become rarer at least the values are rising making any investment worth while

Comment

Working...
                X