Trying to trace my Dad's old MG Maestro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to trace my Dad's old MG Maestro

Does anyone recognise this photo please (https://www.mg-cars.org.uk/.../IMAGES/mgm02065_B917VBW.JPG) - from MG M Group website. Photo was taken at MGM M Group 2002 show.

This was my Father's old MG Maestro (early Efi with digidash). He loved it, but eventually traded in at Dixons of Selby for a J reg Rover 216 GTi. It was a dealer demonstrator when he bought it (possibly Coopers of Oulton), so he was kind of the 1st real owner.

If anyone can help with more information about this photo, or anyone else who owned it, would be much appreciated. No details found on DVLA website, so I guess gone to the scrappers at some point

Thanks

Andrew
    Last edited by Yorks-MGZS180; 15th February 2021, 16:26.

I've got some of the MGM magazines, if I can find the right year I'll see if there is any information..

Comment

It might not be as bad as you think.

The plate is not recognised on both the DVLA and MoT websites, so this probably indicates that the car could still exist but on another registration now. Maybe somebody's pride and joy and on a cherished registration (private plate).

Scrapped cars (ie Cert of Destruction issued by a licensed yard) will not be recognised on a DVLA search, but the MoT site will still show any MoT history since 2006 and if no computerised MoT has ever been done it will give an 'unknown' MoT expiry date but still list the make and model.

Exported cars will have an 'untaxed' status still showing on DVLA and an 'export' mark showing halfway down the page.

The only thing you can't determine is if the car went on to a cherished registration and then got scrapped or exported with the reg still on it.

Hope that helps and offers you some encouragement!
      1983 (Y) MG 1600
      1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
      1987 700 City 1.6 Van
      1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
      1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
      1990 Clubman D
      1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Thanks Both.
        Not sure how to proceed from here (thanks for the offer of looking magazines Johnny)

Comment

Originally posted by Yorks-MGZS180 View Post
          Thanks Both.
          Not sure how to proceed from here (thanks for the offer of looking magazines Johnny)
          No sign of anything in the magazines, which seems ä bit odd when it is in tht photo... Only thing that may be clue is that there wa some 'discussion' about a good efi that someone was breaking to fix a turbo up....

Comment

Thanks Johnny, hope it wasn't my Dads!!
            Who was editor of the magazine then?

Comment

Working...
            X