Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for your diary - 2023!

Dear All

After discussions with the M&MOC Committee, I can announce (well in advance!) that we will be organising an event in 2023 (yes, you read that right!) to mark the 40th anniversary of the launch of the Maestro.
    I know this a long way off, but it does give us something to look forward to in these dark days of Covid.
    If we start to think about this so far in advance, we can plan and give you, the owners and enthusiasts, plenty of time to put the event in your diary.
    I am aiming to get as many cars and owners, past and present, assembled on the one day as possible.
    Venue to be confirmed, but date wise it'll possibly be early September of that year (to avoid clashing with established events)
    We hope to be collaborating with relevant parties like Gaydon, the classic motoring press (including AROnline), and other online clubs/fora.
    I have various ideas so far (though I am of course asking you to think about the ideas, and contribute where you feel you have suggestions please)

Possible categories (prizes?):
    - Oldest car in private hands
    - Youngest registered car in private hands
    - Oldest owner
    - Youngest owner
    - Highest mileage
    - Lowest mileage
    - Furthest travelled to the show
    - Best MG
    - Best non-MG
    - Best special - Tandys, vans etc.
    - Best modified

Overseas owners - Holland, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Scandinavia
    One of every model (if possible)
    Life for the Maestro after Rover:
    - Apple
    - Ledbury

Racing/rally cars
    OK there you go. I will post more updates as the project develops

Thanks Andrew

It's good to have plenty of notice: I will probably need two years to get my MG1600 up and running again!
    1983 (Y) MG 1600
    1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
    1987 700 City 1.6 Van
    1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
    1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
    1990 Clubman D
    1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Working...
    X