Maestro and Montego seat fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro and Montego seat fabric

I've been looking to replace my sons seat material on his MG Montego as it's slowly falling apart due to age etc and think I've found a very close replacement for the textured velvet part, It's alcantara so won't be cheap, also Vinny on the facebook page has also been looking at this so we've got together. This is what I've found in of all places Romania so would anyone be interested if we can do a deal on having the fabric bought in a job lot?. It's probably not going to be cheap but find an alterative
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 4th July 2021, 14:03.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

good find Jeff, one of biggest problems this, and near impossible to find good seats
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

Most if not all seats still have good metal structure and foam can be made and replaced if needed. But the fabric isn't available, as we all know. I found that picture on the Internet and the middle fabric in that is the same pattern and near colour as the seats in my sons turbo so would be idea. Trouble is the company is in Romania and the website is 2011. I have emailed a couple of times but with no answer so I'm guessing it's a no. I have found a company who might replicate the rectangular pattern in the UK so that's my next port of call when I get the chance.
      I must admit though I'm a bit disappointed on the uptake so maybe just my sons car and a few others will benefit if I'm successful.
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 8th July 2021, 11:30.

Comment

I'm after the side/bolster material for my Y reg 1600 mg, is this a common material readily available?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
          I'm after the side/bolster material for my Y reg 1600 mg, is this a common material readily available?
          You can buy the velvet side bolster fabric, you just have to look hard, get samples and go from there.

Comment

Jeff, in the vast amount of bits I've come across when sourcing bits for my resto, I've got a absolute mint full interior if you require it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
              Jeff, in the vast amount of bits I've come across when sourcing bits for my resto, I've got a absolute mint full interior if you require it.
              Thanks for the offer but i've now sorted my sons seats.

Comment

Working...
              X