X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    That was quick! I was just going to say I've probably got a pair...
    Yes i was surprised how quickly I got what I needed. didn't cost anything either as I'd helped the guy in the past

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    That was quick! I was just going to say I've probably got a pair...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now have the ducts on their way to me, happy days

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Oil and filter changed and car now started and running well after putting a couple of gallons of fuel in the tank as it had run out. Tested the low coolant buzzer and that works a treat so will now wire that in, Scuttle panel removed to fix the welding needed under it, front bumper back on, dash removed to find out why the car doesn't de-mist.
    Found straight away that the heater ducting to the screen is not there either side, never saw the when we put the dash in many years ago.
    Had a look round my spares and nothing found
    So WANTED, heater ducting to demist the screen. They both connect from the bottom of the heather to the screen and are black plastic. Wide flute one end and sort of hexangle the other.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd October 2023, 15:08.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    Looking good, fingers crossed you miss the rain tomorrow!
    Well that's going to put the kybosh on it, heavy rain all day. Oh well

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Looking good, fingers crossed you miss the rain tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Had a bit of time today to continue. Both manifolds back on, oil feed re-connected, carb, boost pipes, water pipes etc all back on. Will be draining the oil and replacing the oil filter next, battery is on charge so if it's not raining tomorrow hopefully start it up
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Turbo back, head back on, hands hurt now so that's enough for the day
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Checking valve clearance as replaced the broken one from my home made clamp, head all back together
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th October 2023, 12:19.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Also the low coolant alarm turned up and it works a treat, swopped the old for new then the rain came down. Once wired up Chris will never again get low on coolant without knowing about it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th September 2023, 10:39.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Stud removed, new stud and nut from Rimmers using the superceded part number, Turbo all back together
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th September 2023, 11:27.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    With this car continually having coolant leak problems and driving without a cap I'm adding an alarm. It should just connect up to this expansion tank then hopefully I won't have to do this again. I couldn't find any issue with the exhaust valve or it's setting so I have to assume when Chris ran completely out of water a hairline crack appeared. The problem is again the temperature guage never went over half. With this alarm on it SHOULD cure this issue
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 18th September 2023, 15:00.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Good and bad, when you know its not your day. Removed the turbo housing etc and checked on the turbo blades etc. Luckily the valve broken parts were at the bottom of the housing, unluckily this happened
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    There was no other damage other than the top of the piston being a bit pitted but after a clean up that should be ok, I've replaced the broken value but haven't come across this before. The car has over heated a couple of times due to various coolant issues, mainly my son driving to Chester with out radiator cap which did the car no good at all and blew the head gasket. I skimmed the head and put all back on and the car was running well for about 2 months until this happened, I know the car isn't running lean and he only uses E5 fuel so a bit of head scratching to do before I put the head back together.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th September 2023, 13:15.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Little issue last month and got around to having a look-see today. The car was missing and not running well, had a check and no compression on one of the cylinders so off with the head as I was sure it's a value problem and found this
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th September 2023, 13:10.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X