Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    After many 'races' with other modern cars, the car is still running well. Chris had a 'race' with a modern Mini Cooper S and they were level up to 120 then the car started holding back. Chris slowed it own to 100 and it ran fine, took it up to 110 and it started doing it again. As I haven't tuned the carb in yet that's not a bad return.
    Chris is still super happy with the car and it flies..........well atm

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Chris popped round so we could fix a few things. Radio now working as the wiring in his radio needed an extra live wire to be attached, clock cover sorted. Unfortunately yet another coolant pipe started leaking at the heater pipe junction. Caught that before it did any damage so that to sort next, was a small tear at the junction so I will replace the whole pipe as it's the second time that's happened to that pipe.
    Will be a snagging list to sort next year, one central locking has stopped working, heater vent to the screen is only working on the passenger side, passenger speaker isn't working so it never ends
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 7th November 2022, 14:59.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    Glad you got it sorted & got to try it out!
    Yeah forgotten how much fun you can have in a turbo.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Glad you got it sorted & got to try it out!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    It's finally off my drive. I drove it to Sheffield and had I little fun dropping the car off to Chris, who drove it back to Lincoln with a grin on his face. Hopefully it's the last I see of it for a while

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    On a good note, the new air pipes turned up and I fixed the power steering problem with new alternator and power steering belts, moves silky smooth now. But I can't wait to get it off my drive as I've had enough of this car now. Just hope that Chris looks after it and doesn't break it again
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    I'm beginning to hate this car. New clock arrived and I've lost the green plastic part. Luckily I have another on its way
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

Not a disaster then, but that horrible cracking noise is definately top 10 thing you don't want to hear. If anyone else has ordered one recently you might be lucky on the waiting time, I think they do them in batches whenever one is ordered..
    True, but I try to forget about others

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Annoying, he can still use it but I've told him to claim on his insurance next year. I normally takes awhile to make them so he has time
    Not a disaster then, but that horrible cracking noise is definately top 10 thing you don't want to hear. If anyone else has ordered one recently you might be lucky on the waiting time, I think they do them in batches whenever one is ordered..

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Annoying, he can still use it but I've told him to claim on his insurance next year. I normally takes awhile to make them so he has time

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Was very knackered and I have NOS replacements so should have been an easy swop, but I must have tightened the screws up too tight and it moved the metal panel making the screen crack.
    Sounds like a nightmare ending...bad crack, or just an annoying one?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Was very knackered and I have NOS replacements so should have been an easy swop, but I must have tightened the screws up too tight and it moved the metal panel making the screen crack.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Very nice! Was the old scuttle panel holed, or just a bit tatty?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    All was going great guns. Then I tightened the screws and this happened. Do wish hadn't done that, the scuttle isn't touching the screen so maybe I tightened too much. Finally fixed the exhaust but a little too late as the rear bumper has melted a bit. I hadn't finished the exhaust when Chris took it but its done now. Nearly ready for Chris to take it away again and he will have to claim on his insurance for the screen, this is also why I don't work on anyone else's car any more
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th October 2022, 09:21.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Little more done yesterday as I wait for a couple of parts to arrive. Scuttle panel replaced
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X