Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    So much easier , will finish cutting round the sunroof once the windscreen is back in as it's raining again, The windscreen is going back in next Thursday so it'll be water tight again
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th April 2024, 10:06.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

Cleaned out the interior?? Surely you should have someone to do these things for you Looking good anyway, fingers crossed on the glue front!
    As it's at my house and Chris lives in Sheffield, it'll be me doing it. I'm not cleaning it, only moving things out of the way

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Now all ready to go back in once I've cleaned out the interior of the car
    Cleaned out the interior?? Surely you should have someone to do these things for you Looking good anyway, fingers crossed on the glue front!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now all ready to go back in once I've cleaned out the interior of the car
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    No wind this morning so cracked on. Strengthened a few cracks etc Will let the glue settle before cutting out any openings . Used a whole can on the rear again so I'm hoping this time it'll hold
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 18th April 2024, 09:57.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    A good job done cheap! I would say 'what do you get for two quid?', but you've just told us....a dry boot...
    Oh yes, had to do my mgzt cdti as well as one of the seals was starting to leak and a boot full of water
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th April 2024, 17:59.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    A good job done cheap! I would say 'what do you get for two quid?', but you've just told us....a dry boot...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Rear light surround had a few holes in so welded that up, again not the best job but you don't see it with the boot shut. New seals on and doesn't leak now. If the wind stops or dies down tomorrow I should be able to do the headlining as the spray glue turned up today
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th April 2024, 13:28.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    While I was at Rimmers this morning it would be rude not to buy a couple of these at £2 each for my son's turbo
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    The glue seems to be the critical component, I hope quality isn't going downhill like it has with rotor arms and so on....

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Dodging the wind and rain I managed to remove the headliner. Much easier with the screen out to find out why the rear had come down. It must be the glue as there was plenty on it at the time. We also did Chris's MGZS door cards and the stick on that only lasted a summer in the hot weather, so it'll be fun re-doing this soon before the windscreen goes back in in this weather.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th April 2024, 13:17.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Not be long before it is back on the road...
    That's hopefully within a month now, then it's Chris's mg montego efi to sort. Good job I'm semi retired and don't have any projects ATM lol

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Not be long before it is back on the road...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Panel all on, bolt at the bottom tightened, hole in the pillar sorted , panel painted, heater back on properly as are the screen vents, wiper motor back on, wings bolted back on. Windscreen surround all painted . Headlining out next. It may not be the best welding ever done but it's on and not going anywhere
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th April 2024, 13:11.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Looks ok to me, seems to be fused together, so doing the job, better than an undetectable work of art that falls off on the first pothole

Leave a comment:

Working...
X