• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Well that was a surprise, car has now been sold
    Really really sold this time? Just when you were starting to enjoy it a bit tbh, I was surprised when the first 'buyer' bailed out, probably never see another one as good.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well that was a surprise, car has now been sold

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Couple of teething troubles sorted today. When leaving an MG natter on Thursday night the alternator belt was squealing and the internal fan lever didn't work properly at full speed, both sorted now. If I do say so myself it's a lovely driving car

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by efi 2.0 View Post
    Jeff , them slightly latter alloys really suit , the car.
    Do not remember them type of alloys being that common back
    when they where new.
    Alan.
    Thanks Alan, dish alloys were only available on MG Montego's for a short time before the cars got a facelift and cross spoke alloys came in, although on poverty spec ones it was steels with covers. Dish alloys did continue though with GSi's

Leave a comment:

• efi 2.0
    replied
    Jeff , them slightly latter alloys really suit , the car.
    Do not remember them type of alloys being that common back
    when they where new.
    Alan.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now taxed again and back in the road. Used our Christmas prezzy finally today and took the MG, lovely car park shine
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Unfortunately a complete timewaster trying to buy this car. I'm now keeping the deposit and have re-listed it. Don't understand why you would pay a large deposit and not the balance. Gave plenty of opportunity too but not to be, shame as I could have been driving it

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    After over 4000 views on ebay, 1400 views on car and classic and countless offers, i'm happy to say the deposit has been paid and I got what I wanted for the car. I will be sorry to see it go at the of the month. But at least it will be used, the car has created a lot if interest on social media and various websites. I've had quite a few emails and texts about memories people had of their cars
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 3rd July 2020, 09:50.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    The car has now been provisionally sold awaiting a deposit. Sorry to see it go but at least it will be used. Only took 3 days to sell and its going to a guy with a large MG, Austin, Rover collection so a fellow enthusiast so very pleased
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 2nd July 2020, 06:47.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now driven over 100 miles, lovely to drive and no issues. Also had 4 people admiring the car when I took it to Ingoldmells near Skegness for a beach day out with the Mrs. Free beer from the beach bar and driving this in the sun. Great day out and whats not to like and to top it all, the Mrs likes the car. It's now on ebay and carandclassic to finance the black MG Montego I have but if it doesn't, it will stay in my collection as it looks great
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th June 2020, 14:29.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Measured the ride height as the nearside looked higher than the offside, And it was by over half an inch, so replaced the spring for one in my spares and now level. No idea why as both springs had the same markings. And the car is running really smooth and cant find the oil leak, so maybe a little somewhere I hadn't cleaned. Will keep an eye on it

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Troublesome speed transducer now replaced and working correctly, steering wheel centralised, clutch adjusted, tickover lowered, unfortunately I've found an oil leak coming from the head gasket after it's blast down the bypass. Very frustrating that so that to look at, can't understand why so will have to find out why. Don't normally get this after I've changed a headgasket so not a good thing. Teething troubles I'm assuming
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 9th June 2020, 18:56.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Took the car out for a 50 mile shakedown today, few things need doing but nothing major. Steering wheel is a little off centre, tick over is 1000 rpm so a little high, clutch cable is a little low now and the speedo gets to 50mph then goes backwards to 0 the faster you go, I do have a spare speed tranducer so that will have to be fitted. Gave the car an Italian tune up down the A46 bypass and surprised a few cars overtaking them and giving it large. Car ride is very smooth so really pleased with only minor things to sort
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Taxed the car today, first time roadworthy for 12 years.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Faulty rear light sensor was at fault, now changed and all working correctly and good job I have spares, insurance also sorted for 1st June, £80 with agreed value £10,000. Who would have thought it, and MG Montego efi agreed value £10k. My turbo was insured for that 5 years ago but it seems EFi's have caught up. Happy days
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd May 2020, 14:50.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X