No announcement yet.

1984 MG Montego EFi with digidash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one Jeff, look forward to seeing it!

(Not trying to buy every remaining MG Monty to put the prices up are you?)

Ray
    MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
    Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
    MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Ah ,i see...ok ,ill sit and wait patiencely,until you decide what to do with it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
        Last ones. Should have everything I need for the car and it doesn't need any welding.
        Should only need, doors, bootlid, bonnet, nearside CV joint (there is a new one that comes with the car), couple of bits of trim and a respray.
        I'm very happy And I didn't pay £3,000

Is this the one that was in Scotland a few years back? I was offered it a few times if so but the distance was too far to go & view it!
        Let me know when you want to sell it!

Comment

Good work, Jeff. I should imagine you can count surviving Montegos with digital dashboards on one hand these days! I'm am looking forward to the detailed updates we normally get on your fleet even more so with this car!

The only other I remember seeing with a digital dashboard was the cabriolet owned by Tony Hague. What happened to that car?

Comment

I remember that one from a couple of years ago. The owner was in Scotland and he contacted me a few times about it.

Good to see it is in safe hands with Jeff and we can put to rest any talk of breaking it up for the digital dash, as was suggested on the other thread. The wiring is all over the loom so it would be an enormous job and probably easier to restore even the rustiest examples than do that conversion.

Comment

The only one I've ever seen 'in the metal' was a black one, also B-reg, at MGSD in 2003: reg B925 UPP. Despite looking pretty decent as I remember it back then, it's not been taxed since May 2007, so it's probably dead.
              Regards
              John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
              MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Well done Jeff great to see this car find a proper home, really looking forward to seeing it, about time you found yourself a project

Comment

Well done Jeff!

C

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                    The only one I've ever seen 'in the metal' was a black one, also B-reg, at MGSD in 2003: reg B925 UPP. Despite looking pretty decent as I remember it back then, it's not been taxed since May 2007, so it's probably dead.
                    That's a shame.

Originally posted by mgblack View Post
                    Well done Jeff great to see this car find a proper home, really looking forward to seeing it, about time you found yourself a project
                    A project? I have few now

Originally posted by chrisl View Post
                    Well done Jeff!

C
                    Thanks Chris, and all who have commented.

The car will be picked up soon and I will post up more pictures then and also updates on my progress.
                    It shouldn't take too long as it's mostly to replace the bolt on panels, trim etc then a spray.
                    I should have everything in my spares for it and I know a good sprayer/bodyman from the forum and he's agreed to take it on when I have finished what i need to do first
                    I want to put an MOT on it first to see what needs to be done other than the body.
                    The car won't be rushed as don't have a lot of time but it should be done by the summer all being well.
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Arrives monday and it now starts and drives

Comment

It has been delivered! (1930 hours last night!)

Comment

Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
                          It has been delivered! (1930 hours last night!)
                          It did, nicely done Mal
                          Started up straight away then tick tick tick, manifold and exhaust blowing, leccys windows not working and a few other things to work on but it's not too bad and nothing I can't sort.
                          Came with half a tank of petrol, some spares and a birthday prezzy from Mal and Fiona. Many thanks
                          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th March 2012, 17:42.

Comment

Will it be at any shows this year do you think, Jeff?
                            Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                            E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                            H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                            J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                            L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                            OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                            PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
                              Will it be at any shows this year do you think, Jeff?
                              Shouldn't think so Sam, next year will be the earliest.

Comment

In that case, I look forward to seeing it in 2013!
                                Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                                E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                                H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                                J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                                L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                                OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                                PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Working...
                                X