She's Finished - We've called her "Dirty Diana"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's Finished - We've called her "Dirty Diana"

Proud moment yesterday. Put the final pieces together and drove her from Fully Loaded Cars to my workshop (at great speed and mostly sideways) about half an hour away. Everything went to plan and without a hiccup. The biggest trouble was getting Global Telemetrics to activate the tracker (the damn back up battery had come loose !). MMOC Sticker proudly placed !

Anyone want any info or questions, just ask. And yes, that's real Carbon Fibre.

Perry
    Attached Files

You've done fantastic job she's looking rather flash. What's going on under the bonnet then?

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Looks great that
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Not too much engine wise under there. The standard EFI just until I get her shaken around. I did fill the tank with C16 race fuel and the nitrous oxide stuff is all in place ready to finish off, but just want to make sure nothing falls off or catches light first.

I will probably put in a Turbo engine and use the nitrous for anti-lag.

Perry

Comment

That looks fantastic, some great attention to detail there

Comment

Just as much detail inside, underneath, in the back and everywhere else as the outside.

The shiny 1/4" sumpguard is to die for !
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You really have put some time into this. It's a credit to you

Comment

That looks very smart indeed, I really like that. Good job very well done!

Comment

Perry.....! She looks stunning and I love the fuel tank set up and NOS bottle!

What are your main plans for using her? Track days?
                    *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
                    Follow me at
                    FourNineSix

Comment

I must be honest; track days only. I race a 3,500 horsepower nitro funny car in competition. This is just something to enjoy some roundy roundy stuff (as we call it in the drag racing community). I have other much faster and better handling cars and I do take them to circuits, but I don't like to make a habit of tearing the guts out of valuable classics. But no exception here, it gets the same treatment from the cheque book as the rest of the fleet but I am happy to throw abuse and anger through the wheels of the Maestro.

Unfortunately you just cannot make out the amazing yellow/gold pearl in the photos. To see it in real life is even more to die for.

What made the day so great yesterday is the paperwork/tax disc came through for the Number Plate and the sun in London was shining hard. Everything fell into readiness when it was ready to go for a drive.

P
                      Last edited by n2oxide; 30th March 2014, 17:57.

Comment

And the whole build is documented on FULLY LOADED CARS facebook site. I cannot fault and can only recommend these guys. 28 years of this petrol head lark and these are the best all round one stop shop I have ever found.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2539954&type=3

Perry

Comment

And as usual, my rear end trade mark sticker.......
                          Attached Files

Comment

maestro

I watched your original thread and wondered what happened,glad you've finished and posted it on here ,it looks great ,well done,wished I could see it in the sunshine.
                            Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Looks great, top work!

Comment

Working...
                              X