Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A122 TOO oldest montego help/parts required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A122 TOO oldest montego help/parts required!

Hi everyone...

So, since my last post after collection the Monty has been in the garage and is now up and running! A new fuel pump and some general service items later it's running quite well and I'm going to give it a good run this weekend in preparation for POL next weekend. As I have mentioned in my first post although quite presentable the car is a bit rough around the edges. I'm going to make the best I can with whole load of elbow grease this weekend but I have no time between now and pol/drive it day to get anything dramatic done... I have decided that this car is worthy of a full strip down and proper restoration to preserve it for future generations so that is what I will do.

Gaydon has noted that it's the Montegos 30th in the promotion for their BMC/BL day and they have the youngest one so maybe it would be good to see it at this show?? Are there any others anyone can suggest that will be in celebration of the 30th? Depending on the answer to that question there may be a gap in the year where I could get the strip down and rebuild done before NEC... Does the club have a stand here?

There are probably may parts that I will need when it comes to it but the biggest one which would make the world of difference is a replacement brown dashboard which hasn't been hand painted in the same colour as the car. Apart from the very saggy headlining the rest of the interior is mint. Does anyone have or know of an early brown dash anywhere? I think someone also commented that the grille/badge was wrong - again does anyone have one of these?

Thanks

John

Originally posted by Johnboi View Post
    Hi everyone...

So, since my last post after collection the Monty has been in the garage and is now up and running! A new fuel pump and some general service items later it's running quite well and I'm going to give it a good run this weekend in preparation for POL next weekend. As I have mentioned in my first post although quite presentable the car is a bit rough around the edges. I'm going to make the best I can with whole load of elbow grease this weekend but I have no time between now and pol/drive it day to get anything dramatic done... I have decided that this car is worthy of a full strip down and proper restoration to preserve it for future generations so that is what I will do.

Gaydon has noted that it's the Montegos 30th in the promotion for their BMC/BL day and they have the youngest one so maybe it would be good to see it at this show?? Are there any others anyone can suggest that will be in celebration of the 30th? Depending on the answer to that question there may be a gap in the year where I could get the strip down and rebuild done before NEC... Does the club have a stand here?

There are probably may parts that I will need when it comes to it but the biggest one which would make the world of difference is a replacement brown dashboard which hasn't been hand painted in the same colour as the car. Apart from the very saggy headlining the rest of the interior is mint. Does anyone have or know of an early brown dash anywhere? I think someone also commented that the grille/badge was wrong - again does anyone have one of these?

Thanks

John
    Headlining is an easy fix but you will have to search for the correct colour as early models are darker
    http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/sho...ewpost&t=17793

The club will indeed have a stand there at Gaydon and the NEC we are also at POL
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

dashboard

hi johnboi, will have a check next week for the dash ,may have one.
      Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Working...
      X