Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFI (20 / 20, 12 car, Autotest and occasional trials car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFI (20 / 20, 12 car, Autotest and occasional trials car)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/f9dclibtb...efoO33layagzLa

This is Davina

As you can see I am planning on using this for several disciplines and her first competitive outing is looking to be November on my clubs 12 car series.

I have fitted
    Mountney steering wheel
    15" MGF VVC Alloys (3mm spacers)
    Mudguards
    Front and rear spotlights.

I'm in the process of finding a Rally computer and timer
    I also have a 12v LED Navigators map light to fit and will be fabricating a sump guard next month.

Originally posted by MGFSoldier View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/f9dclibtb...efoO33layagzLa

This is Davina

As you can see I am planning on using this for several disciplines and her first competitive outing is looking to be November on my clubs 12 car series.

I have fitted
    Mountney steering wheel
    15" MGF VVC Alloys (3mm spacers)
    Mudguards
    Front and rear spotlights.

I'm in the process of finding a Rally computer and timer
    I also have a 12v LED Navigators map light to fit and will be fabricating a sump guard next month.

Welcome to the forum. Looks like a very well preserved car dare I say maybe's to well preserved for autotesting Should be a fun car for the job though
    Last edited by Andy; 14th August 2015, 08:39. Reason: Spelling
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Welcome to the forum. Looks like a very well preserved car dare I say maybe's to well preserved for autotesting Should be a fun car for the job though
      She photographs much better than she is up close, both sides above the windscreen are shot the bottom of drivers pillar is going, all the doors have had some rather suspect repairs, the tail Gate has a patch of rot and the rear drivers sill is looking like it's going to need work.

Mechanically she is great especially since she sat for 10 year.

Comment

Or well, better than trashing a minter ha. Let us all know how you get on with it
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          Or well, better than trashing a minter ha. Let us all know how you get on with it
          Not particularly well. Tried taking her to work Friday and the core plug behind the gearbox failed leaking all the coolant out and by the time I pulled up it had cooked the Headgasket aswell. Head and gearbox are coming out. Oh the the joys.

Comment

Originally posted by MGFSoldier View Post
            Not particularly well. Tried taking her to work Friday and the core plug behind the gearbox failed leaking all the coolant out and by the time I pulled up it had cooked the Headgasket aswell. Head and gearbox are coming out. Oh the the joys.
            I would remove the engine and gear box together then sort all core plugs, including the rears, head gasket etc
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

That's the advice I have been getting. If the exhaust manifold is off is it possible to get to them with the engine in place? Only concerned as I don't have a crane so would need to hire one for a day.

Also any idea on the size of the core plugs as can't find the size anywhere and as you can by them in 0.5mm sizes don't want to order the wrong ones.

Comment

well core plugs are done and the head is back on, i am now waiting to buy a new flywheel as the one removed was very badly worn but due to a hand injury involving an angle grinder its going to be a couple of weeks before i can do any more and will be going back to my co-drivers daily mk1 Focus for the 1st round of my local 12 car series.

Comment

Hi mate you posted on my post on HSA site I may have a secondhand flywheel in my spares box if you want its yours.

Comment

Originally posted by xllifts View Post
                    Hi mate you posted on my post on HSA site I may have a secondhand flywheel in my spares box if you want its yours.
                    Tried msg you on here but dont think it sent, very interested but probably would need posting.

Comment

New flywheel on order from Rimmers, fingers crossed next Saturday the weather holds off.

Comment

Gearbox adaptor plate, Flywheel and Clutch fitted. Off to get an engine crane tonight to fit the gearbox on Friday. I'm hoping to get it done by Saturday.

Comment

Gearbox and drive shafts now refitted.

Comment

Well the car is 99% back together just having starter motor issues due to a different flywheel being fitted......

I have also started the build of the rally pod.

Comment

Well starting to lose faith in the whole project but as I can't seem to sell it how it sits I will be attempting to finish it. Not sure what I'm going to do with it anymore though.

Comment

Working...
                              X