No announcement yet.

The polishing ready for M.O.T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I saw on AG's website that that they have finally brought out a detailing-clay, only about six years after Meguiar's. I haven't checked their on-line tutorials recently to see if they still advocate washing your car with a sponge and drying it with what amounts to a silicone windscreen wiper, which will put lovely straight scratches across your paint if it accidentally traps a piece of grit. (As will the sponge.)

I do like the look of their palm-shaped applicators though.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

MOT

i wouldnt have thought 'blind John' would notice shining polished paintwork during the MOT?
      if his Labrador goes in my back seat with his white hairs again....

[only joking....not funny being blind]
      0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

I guess some of us just like presenting our vehicles to a garage in a state which shows we care for them. I wouldn't expect it to have any influence good or bad on the chance of a car passing. It's just about having a bit of pride in the appearance of our motas
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I must confess I always wash the cars before an MOT. When you have an older car it can make the difference between the tester thinking that they are dealing with a cherished motor and an old banger.

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
            I guess some of us just like presenting our vehicles to a garage in a state which shows we care for them. I wouldn't expect it to have any influence good or bad on the chance of a car passing. It's just about having a bit of pride in the appearance of our motas
            Yes thats why I do it! I missed out cleaning the Astra this week as I was unwell, shes covered in dust. This Saturday I'll clean her up.

Comment

I'm planning this weekend. I don't know too much about interior detailing, but I usually just wash with nxt then rinse and repeat depending if my car still has dirt.
              Last edited by Nick RS; 4th May 2018, 18:13. Reason: Advertising link removed

Comment

Comment

Can we not get rid of the spam adverts?

Comment

G4GLM,
                    Agreed, action now taken.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick RS View Post
                      G4GLM,
                      Agreed, action now taken.

Nick
                      i wish I had power like that!!!!! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X