No announcement yet.

mg6 - is it a flop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent result in the touring cars. From what I've been told by a buddy at a dealer a diesel in the pipeline to be released in the 3rd 1/4 of the year. I asked him about the time frame for the MG3 (looks good from what I've seen), but no news he could tell me of at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by D87 SMW View Post
      This is excellent news for promoting MG. But. There needs to be more options available once people have been pointed in the direction of the dealerships. Still no diseasel, still no MG3 or MG5, no TF replacement...
      Don't forget the new MG7...

Also, whilst the general public have to make do with a 1.8 Turbo and 5-speed gearbox, Plato and Neate have cars with 2.0 Turbo and 6-speed!

They need to bring out an MG6 BTC as well as the S, SE and TSE.

Comment

Good report on The Sun online:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...e-of-2012.html

Apparently they did no pre-season testing in it. No wonder others are 'worried'!

Comment

Originally posted by maestro dave View Post
          Ive just seen one yesterday for the first time on the M53 near Birkenhead to me they just look like any other modern car , very dull and boring
          Dont believe it seen another today near Scunthorpe , still dont like them tho .

Comment

I saw one today as well. A 61-plate GT in that grey colour that looks like X-Power Grey. I spoke to the driver who said it was a hire car, from AVIS. I noticed it had a MG.CO.UK website sticker on the dash.

Comment

that are a couple of hire car ones i have seen, all have the mg.co.uk sticker on the bumper. have seen 2 in landrover jaguars technical centre car park as well. guess they were members of staff. i believe they will be gatting a vauxhall diesel engine. The 1.9 cdti 150 engine is awesome when chipped. No driven the later 160ps 2.0 cdti with replaced the 1.9 unit but i guess it will be just as good.

Staill waiting for the day that jaguar land rover dust off the rover name and use it on a mid range saloon car.............maybe some day

Comment

Originally posted by henocsr View Post
                Still waiting for the day that jaguar land rover dust off the rover name and use it on a mid range saloon car.............maybe some day
                I think it's more likely that if SAIC get MG going properly, they will resurrect Austin for their 'normal' cars.

Sent from the museum of BL tat using Tapatalk

Comment

i would think that morris would be the chosen name that saic should use. Much more in keeping with MG of course.

Comment

I saw another MG6 yesterday, it was a black one this time. As usual it was an MG6 GT with the website sticker on the bumper, so another hire car.

Post-April 2012 registered cars are now in a lower VED band too so the annual road tax is now £195, so cheaper than a Maestro or Montego (except 1.3) but owners of 2011 model year cars will continue to pay £215 per year.

It's all looking promising for us all getting a cheap second-hand one in a few years time.
                    Last edited by matthewsemple; 23rd April 2012, 22:01.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple View Post
                      It's all looking promising for us all getting a cheap second-hand one in a few years time.
                      0% finance over 5 years available on a new one at the moment (with 40% deposit)
                      1983 (Y) MG 1600
                      1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                      1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                      1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                      1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                      1990 Clubman D
                      1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Working...
                      X