Looking to buy a 2 post ramp / lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy a 2 post ramp / lift

Has anyone got any info or ideas about buying and installing a 2 post ramp? Im on the look out for one at the moment for my garage. Any ideas or advise please.

Thanks

Simon.

Most ramps run on 3 phase electric.

Comment

Originally posted by russ10 View Post
      Most ramps run on 3 phase electric.
      Yes i have noticed that. I can sort an inverter or single phase motor for that if need be but there are single phase units out there and there is a new one on ebay for less than £1000.

Simon.

Comment

Don't get a new one if it from the far east, utter crap. Get a second hand German one, Hoffman/consul etc. Same money but much better made. Or look at the stuff some of the tool places do in the back of pratical classics (can't remember the names).

Re fitting, sounds daft but check your accident/health insurance. If you have an accident using the ramp and it isn't serviced and certified after erection (ooh err) your insurers won't pay out! Set it up using levels to make sure each side is going up in unison. Easy to fit if you've got a mate to help lift and mark out, you will need a good 8" thick concrete floor to fix it adequately too.

Comment

Originally posted by bigrct View Post
          Don't get a new one if it from the far east, utter crap. Get a second hand German one, Hoffman/consul etc. Same money but much better made. Or look at the stuff some of the tool places do in the back of pratical classics (can't remember the names).

Re fitting, sounds daft but check your accident/health insurance. If you have an accident using the ramp and it isn't serviced and certified after erection (ooh err) your insurers won't pay out! Set it up using levels to make sure each side is going up in unison. Easy to fit if you've got a mate to help lift and mark out, you will need a good 8" thick concrete floor to fix it adequately too.
          Thanks,

insurance? this is for the garage at home so not needed I hope

Simon.

Comment

Hi Simon,i bought a new two poster in 07 for my garage at work.my garage roof
            height is not all that high but they fixed me up with a two stage ram to cope with this.i can tell you that it was one of the best things i had got for a long time & its almost a plesure doing a service on it because when its up everything is in your face & no more hitting your head on the runners that was on my old four poster..the make is "Rotary" & the people who supplyed it is a firm called "bullworthy" from Banbury.the outher good thing about this lift is there is no
            chains or gubbins on the floor between the posts that you have to drive over
            only a small hydraulic pipe right at the top of the posts,if you want any more details let me know Chris

Comment

Originally posted by stellaholic View Post
              Thanks,

insurance? this is for the garage at home so not needed I hope

Simon.
              Just general personal accident insurance. If you have it get the ramp certified and serviced. Happened to my mate, ramp at home, had an accident, no paper work, crushed pelvis, no work for 18 months and no insurance payout.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris-euro View Post
                Hi Simon,i bought a new two poster in 07 for my garage at work.my garage roof
                height is not all that high but they fixed me up with a two stage ram to cope with this.i can tell you that it was one of the best things i had got for a long time & its almost a plesure doing a service on it because when its up everything is in your face & no more hitting your head on the runners that was on my old four poster..the make is "Rotary" & the people who supplyed it is a firm called "bullworthy" from Banbury.the outher good thing about this lift is there is no
                chains or gubbins on the floor between the posts that you have to drive over
                only a small hydraulic pipe right at the top of the posts,if you want any more details let me know Chris
                Sounds good but im not looking for the best as I will be using it occasionally and sometimes not for weeks at a time. What I need is cheap but at the same time safe. How much was that lift? I will only be lifting cars and they will only be mine and friends as I do not do any paid work for anyone else.

Thanks

Simon.

Comment

Working...
                X