No announcement yet.

My Brand New Magnette TSE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably quite simply they can't get shot of over-produced stock, which is great for the buyers but not great in the grand scheme of things. I've still never ever seen one of these 'in the wild'; no-one's buying them.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

mg6

John, thats nothing to go by, Try explaining what a maestro turbo is to most people, Ive seen a few ,they are a good car ,shame about the very poor to none existent publicity
      Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Yep, biggest problem seems to be lack of publicity. People outside of enthusiasts circles don't know the new MGs exist. I've seen one (been driven in one even) and at the price they're going for now, they're ridiculous VFM, providing the reliability is up to scratch. But nobody knows about them.
        Last edited by G51 NAV; 31st October 2013, 18:23.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

rear spolier and body kit for MG6

Hi all, I too have ordered one of the new Motorpoint MG6 TSE 4 doors. Hope to pick up next week. Choose red as its an old MG colour.

On the spoiler and body kit side, things are better than you think, check out this Chinese website, tons of stuff for the MG6 and Roewe 550. They happily deal with uk customers. http://www.aliexpress.com

spoiler - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rear-...612252555.html
          Attached Files

Comment

mg6

Well done jez, now could you just organise nationwide advertising campaign, which includes TV which apparently is the new thing, by the way was it the mg6 magnette or hatch you opted for?
            Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

As mentioned by EV, MP aint doing MG Motor any favours by selling the cars this cheap. It will devalue the range to some extent, but to be honest, no other dealers are selling them this cheap. I think I'll stop telling everyone about the deal for now. My intention really was to spread the word to enthusiasts of the marque like you lot. I don't want these cars to end up with non enthusiasts who will buy to make a quick buck. I'm convinced you could buy one of these cars and sell on for a couple of grand profit at least, especially when the MP cars are all sold out. I'm going to edit out what I paid for it and what I got for my trade in. hopefully all the people on here have seen what they need to, and when the MP cars are all sold no-one will know in the future what we paid!
              Last edited by Jumturbo; 31st October 2013, 20:17.
              sigpic
              63 MG6 Magnette TSE 'Union Blue' Brand new!
              'G' MG Montego Turbo 'Rover Wimbledon Green' owned since 97'
              '56' MG ZTT160 Silver (GT56ZTT) Now sold
              '05' MG ZR115TDSE Red (Hers)
              'W' TR7V8 Will be 1980 Manx Tarmac Rally Replica
              '56' Buell Firebolt XB12R Blue/Gold
              'H' Montego 2.0SLX Turbo White (H11RBO) sold

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
                Hi all, I too have ordered one of the new Motorpoint MG6 TSE 4 doors. Hope to pick up next week. Choose red as its an old MG colour.

On the spoiler and body kit side, things are better than you think, check out this Chinese website, tons of stuff for the MG6 and Roewe 550. They happily deal with uk customers. http://www.aliexpress.com

spoiler - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rear-...612252555.html

Nice one, another car to an enthusiast owner!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
                  Well done jez, now could you just organise nationwide advertising campaign, which includes TV which apparently is the new thing
                  lol!
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                    Yep, biggest problem seems to be lack of publicity. People outside of enthusiasts circles don't know the new MGs exist. I've seen one (been driven in one even) and at the price they're going for now, they're ridiculous VFM, providing the reliability is up to scratch. But nobody knows about them.
                    Hmm...it's an odd set up. It would seem that MG only need to 'keep up appearances' of actually doing something in the UK to be able to promote the 'Britishness' of MG back in China. Therefore they don't really need to put much effort into selling British people their 'British' car. Hence the total lack of advertising for the MG6...apart from if you're on MG's Farcebook page.

As a result, only MG enthusiasts know you can still buy MG's and the general public aren't going to be interested in something they don't know anything about. Plus, those partially informed might know it comes out of Longbridge and is - by association - crap.

Perversely, the complete lack of a huge advertising campaign means they are nigh on unsaleable to the general public, which will result in horrendous depreciation which is excellent news for enthusiasts who can't currently afford one.

Tomorrow sees the launch of the new MG3 TV advert. One hopes that it will run more than once during an ad break on Coronation Street. I reckon the MG3 is a much better bet for sales than the 6.

Comment

I've seen on various sites pictures of very nice looking extras for the MG6 in China. Allways been totally miffed why they or similar are not sold here after all Europe has had far more experience with sports saloons & hatchbacks than China & the far East have had so someone either in Longbridge or bods in Shanghai are ignorant to the wants of European buyers!

Comment

To be honest, the relative success in the british touring car championships should have been enough publicity for us brits. Unfortunately to non enthusiasts MG is crap and will always be crap. You could take the latest 3 series and stick an MG badge on it and the sales would plummit! Perception has taken hold of the whole MG brand. Personally, as long as MG make enough for us enthusiasts I don't really care what people think. All I know is that my car turns heads wherever it goes! and the quality is unbelievably fantastic! No rattles or creaks, just utter refinement throughout....and the smell of top quality leather! BMWs are now the boring brand as seen on every street corner along with VW and Audi! My MG is extremely rare and stunning to look at!
                        Last edited by Jumturbo; 31st October 2013, 22:47.
                        sigpic

Comment

Interesting comments about the focus on china market. Looking on autotrader though 18 month old cars seem to be 6-7 k. Even mg own factory dealer has a 12 month old one for under 7k albeit an S. Great value but now but they really aren't going to hold any value. Like you say though if you keep a while and the reliability is there these cars are a steal. I think there is a dealer in Edinburgh so I may go and look as I am genuinely interested in seeing what the quality is like first hand.
                          1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                          1989 BMW 316i
                          2013 BMW 320d Touring
                          2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
                          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumturbo View Post
                            To be honest, the relative success in the british touring car championships should have been enough publicity for us brits. Unfortunately to non enthusiasts MG is crap and will always be crap. You could take the latest 3 series and stick an MG badge on it and the sales would plummit! Perception has taken hold of the whole MG brand. Personally, as long as MG make enough for us enthusiasts I don't really care what people think. All I know is that my car turns heads wherever it goes! and the quality is unbelievably fantastic! No rattles or creaks, just utter refinement throughout....and the smell of top quality leather! BMWs are now the boring brand as seen on every street corner along with VW and Audi! My MG is extremely rare and stunning to look at!
                            I'm on the Range Rover Evoque forum & there are a lot of owners on there who have come from other so called Premium brands etc. One guy in Scotland who I do know personally works on the ships & is away a lot & he is currently on the continent & just handed back a brand new BMW 320d hire car & he had not one good word to say about it except the traction control kicked in & got him out of trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by seacow View Post
                              Interesting comments about the focus on china market. Looking on autotrader though 18 month old cars seem to be 6-7 k. Even mg own factory dealer has a 12 month old one for under 7k albeit an S. Great value but now but they really aren't going to hold any value. Like you say though if you keep a while and the reliability is there these cars are a steal. I think there is a dealer in Edinburgh so I may go and look as I am genuinely interested in seeing what the quality is like first hand.
                              I have a customer who has an MG6 Magnette & he loves it, he is an MGR enthusiast having had many MG Rover cars. He sold a ZT260 for the MG6 & he reccons it is as much a drivers car as any of the previous. I have valeted the car from new & one thing I like is that all the door/boot/bonnet shuts etc are all painted & laquored. I would however criticise the extent of hard plastics on dash etc & total lack of interior choice trim etc options.
                              I have also driven one & they drive & handle very well I will add!

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                                I have also driven one & they drive & handle very well I will add!
                                Agreed. I've driven a few of the cars in that sector, and there's only one which in my opinion drives better. Current Vauxhall Astra.

The MG6 is better than the Focus, and that's always been rated as a drivers' car.
                                Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                                E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                                H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                                J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                                L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                                OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                                PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Working...
                                X