My Brand New Magnette TSE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
    Yep, biggest problem seems to be lack of publicity. People outside of enthusiasts circles don't know the new MGs exist. I've seen one (been driven in one even) and at the price they're going for now, they're ridiculous VFM, providing the reliability is up to scratch. But nobody knows about them.
    It is not just that. It lacks the ethos of MG it doesn't remotely look sporting, and is underpowered. In fact I think it looks a bit ugly. As a potential buyer if I wanted a bland euro box I would probably be looking at a Vauxhall or similar within that range of vehicle.
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

power!

More BHP than a MG Maestro Turbo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumturbo View Post
        Unfortunately to non enthusiasts MG is crap and will always be crap. You could take the latest 3 series and stick an MG badge on it and the sales would plummit! Perception has taken hold of the whole MG brand.
        I think the recent success of Skoda shows its entirely possible to turn round perception quickly, you've just got to make decent cars people want

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
          It is not just that. It lacks the ethos of MG it doesn't remotely look sporting, and is underpowered. In fact I think it looks a bit ugly. As a potential buyer if I wanted a bland euro box I would probably be looking at a Vauxhall or similar within that range of vehicle.
          I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I must say out of all the people who have seen the car either in pictures or in the flesh, you are the first to say it is ugly! I think the exact opposite and I also think it looks very sporty, or as sporty as a 4 door saloon/coupe can look! In the flesh it is simply stunning! Quality is incredibly top notch too! I'm still running in, but up to 3000 revs I can honestly say it does not feel underpowered. It's 160bhp and 0-60 in 8.4. Only a second behind the Monty Turbo!
          sigpic
          63 MG6 Magnette TSE 'Union Blue' Brand new!
          'G' MG Montego Turbo 'Rover Wimbledon Green' owned since 97'
          '56' MG ZTT160 Silver (GT56ZTT) Now sold
          '05' MG ZR115TDSE Red (Hers)
          'W' TR7V8 Will be 1980 Manx Tarmac Rally Replica
          '56' Buell Firebolt XB12R Blue/Gold
          'H' Montego 2.0SLX Turbo White (H11RBO) sold

Comment

mg6

Correct Paul, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ,my eyes say beautiful, [in keeping with all modern car design]. True it has more bhp than maestro turbo ,but slower, as for being a euro-box ,aren't they all? currently as a modern car ,in my opinion, prettier than most, again unfortunately, is there to be got at for being connected with mg rover. If there has been a solution to k series h/gasket problem as claimed, excellent, good engine anyway with current mod gasket.
            Last edited by normanmg2000; 1st November 2013, 15:57. Reason: wrong name
            Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

mg6

Correct Paul , beauty is in the eye of the beholder ,my eyes say beautiful, [in keeping with all modern car design]. True it has more bhp than maestro turbo ,but slower, as for being a euro-box ,aren't they all? currently as a modern car ,in my opinion, prettier than most, again unfortunately, is there to be got at for being connected with mg rover. If there has been a solution to k series h/gasket problem as claimed, excellent, good engine anyway with current mod gasket.

Comment

Way ahead of you... I bought this a month ago. MG-6 GT SE in Union Blue, 12 reg with a shade over 11k miles. I've used it every day since and it's fantastic!

Attached Files
                Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

I really want one!

If only i could

Comment

mg6

Steve you little tinker, does you beloved know? are you bringing it tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by D87 SMW View Post
                      Way ahead of you... I bought this a month ago. MG-6 GT SE in Union Blue, 12 reg with a shade over 11k miles. I've used it every day since and it's fantastic!

That looks smart! I like the GT too! Certainly not ugly!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumturbo View Post
                        It's 160bhp and 0-60 in 8.4. Only a second behind the Monty Turbo!
                        But the Monty Turbo was spawned out of the 80's not 2013. The Rover 600 ti was far faster in comparison, not to mention the Rover 420 turbo also much faster, both sat in the same company car market.

I appreciate you love it and that is great. I was merely commenting my thoughts to John on why they probably aren't popular.
                        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
                          But the Monty Turbo was spawned out of the 80's not 2013. The Rover 600 ti was far faster in comparison, not to mention the Rover 420 turbo also much faster, both sat in the same company car market.

I appreciate you love it and that is great. I was merely commenting my thoughts to John on why they probably aren't popular.

The 620ti was also quicker than the ZT190, but pure 0-60 timing means nothing, you could go on forever stating this was quicker than that etc. On a run through cross country A/B roads the MG6 could most probably beat them all as the handling is top draw!
                          The Montego was spawned in the 80s and any comparison with the MG6 will clearly show this to be the case. Just driving them back to back and the difference in refinement is overwhelming. Even compared to my ZTT160 the MG6 is streets ahead in refinement and that's what counts as well as the looks and performance.
                          PS the 6 is quite a bit nippier than the ZTT160 too! I can tell even driving below 3000 revs.
                          Last edited by Jumturbo; 1st November 2013, 17:07.
                          sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't describe the MG6 as ugly, it just lacks excitement, needs a little more body styling even if they are optional extras. Problem is unlike the ZT when I first saw that I thought wow that is stunning I really want that, the MG6/3 just doesn't have that wow factor. As I have said before it is a very good car, just needs tweeking & a powerfull model.

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                              I wouldn't describe the MG6 as ugly, it just lacks excitement, needs a little more body styling even if they are optional extras. Problem is unlike the ZT when I first saw that I thought wow that is stunning I really want that, the MG6/3 just doesn't have that wow factor. As I have said before it is a very good car, just needs tweeking & a powerfull model.
                              I suppose the wow factor is a personal thing. Every time I look at my car I say wow to myself! More so than whenever I looked at my ZTT. personally I don't think my car needs any other body tweeks, the wheels have made the car what I want and so far everyone who has seen the car are quite literally gobsmacked! It's one cool looking Magnette and I'm still pinching myself! Even driving along the road it turns heads everywhere and some drivers have even slowed down alongside to get a better look!
                              I don't think the car needs a body kit, the cills are quite wide and shapely as they are (more so than the ZT) and so are the front and rear bumpers. The wheel arches are quite flarey, a bit like an M3! It's a much chunkier car than the ZT especially in the flesh. Photos don't do the car justice.
                              Last edited by Jumturbo; 1st November 2013, 21:26.
                              sigpic

Comment

MG6 has landed

picked up my MG6 today, new from Motorpoint. Will take some photos next to the MG Maestro when I get a chance. All good so far and about as rare as the Maestro too!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X