Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to MMOC on my Tablet

Hi All,
    I've just bought a new mobile phone and with the deal I got a free Binatone 742 tablet. Now it seems to be a great little device for browsing the web and I can seem to access all my usual sites except for MMOC! Each time I try and access the site I get the message '403 Access Forbidden' with a statement 'Access to this resource on the server is denied'. There is no explanation why, but I've tried doing a search on the topic and it would seem that the issue may lie with the club website refusing access for this particular tablet. I've tried everything, including returning to manufacturers settings, deleting cookies, making sure my location is known. Anyone got any ideas? I have no problem with access on any of our other laptops or other half's tablet. Cheers for any advice.
    sigpic
    63 MG6 Magnette TSE 'Union Blue' Brand new!
    'G' MG Montego Turbo 'Rover Wimbledon Green' owned since 97'
    '56' MG ZTT160 Silver (GT56ZTT) Now sold
    '05' MG ZR115TDSE Red (Hers)
    'W' TR7V8 Will be 1980 Manx Tarmac Rally Replica
    '56' Buell Firebolt XB12R Blue/Gold
    'H' Montego 2.0SLX Turbo White (H11RBO) sold

jum

It may be a rather sophisticated security device to keep just anybody off the site . L O L ps Happy new year.
    Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

That's very strange. I can get access from anything I use (I'm typing this from an ipad right now, for example). Have a look at the security arrangements in the setup menu, if no joy there then take it back and have the shop take a look. Devices can be a bit temperamental, my niece had a Nokia windows phone for Xmas, so did 3 of her friends. They can all download games on theirs but she can't and we've tried everything, so it's going back to the shop.

What's your tablet's operating system?
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

After a quick search they run android. Not sure on this one. All I'd say is you might be happy otherwise with the device but it is a very cheap deal for them. Binatone are a make from yesteryear who will be reboxing or relabelling some chinese made tablet. If you have just got it take it back and tell them of the problem and they should exchange or refund you.

Comment

Thanks guys, i'll probably take it back as sometimes it locks up also for no reason
          sigpic
          63 MG6 Magnette TSE 'Union Blue' Brand new!
          'G' MG Montego Turbo 'Rover Wimbledon Green' owned since 97'
          '56' MG ZTT160 Silver (GT56ZTT) Now sold
          '05' MG ZR115TDSE Red (Hers)
          'W' TR7V8 Will be 1980 Manx Tarmac Rally Replica
          '56' Buell Firebolt XB12R Blue/Gold
          'H' Montego 2.0SLX Turbo White (H11RBO) sold

Comment

Working...
          X