Dremel multi tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel multi tool?

I'm going to buy one of these multi tools to work on my car but am unsure what to get. Dermal looks go but so do others. Can anybody offer advise on a cordless hand multi tool as to which is best.
    Cheers
    S

I've been using mains-powered Dremels for over 10 years and find them excellent quality. The genuine discs and accessories are expensive but you can buy cheaper compatible consumables on ebay.
    midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

I bought the Maplins green equivalent tool and just can't get on with it. It just seems very fiddly to use and the attachment's only seen to last a very short time. Perhaps I'm using it wrong lol.

Comment

Dremel is a great piece of kit. Been useing them for years. Careful not to burn out the motor, I've done that twice lol
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Dremels are very good. With most tools like that, you get what you pay for, so go for the Dremel if you can afford one.

I'm not as happy with their bits though, especially the grinding wheels, the glue gives way and the ends come off. The cutting discs are great (dont't last too long) but you'll find loads of uses for them

Ian
          Ian Drew
          MG Maestro Turbo '400'
          MG ZT V8
          Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

I got this one of ebuyer. Seems to be out of stock now but I only played £15 posted for it. For what I need and the use it gets its it been spot on. Wouldn't recommend it for every day use but for the money and the odd jobs that its needed for A*
            MG Maestro Turbo #500
            BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
            Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
            X