Scrappage of Historic Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrappage of Historic Vehicles

I was made aware of this petition to Government (link below) from another Car Club I am in (ZT 260's) to make it illegal for Historic Vehicles to be processed through scrappage schemes. 10,000 signatures are required for this to be head in Parliament, I was number 1,468. Please pass onto any other clubs or individuals you can think of if you support this petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/207027

I'm not convinced about this as it would only affect cars over 40 years old and there were plenty of "historic" vehicles scrapped last time round that aren't classified as historic but are, nevertheless, rare. One reason that cars such as ours and Cavaliers and Sierras are so rare now is due to scrappage schemes. The car mentioned was offered for sale but attracted no buyers, hence it was p/x'd, if it were so vital to keep it then why didn't someone buy it? Also do you take it to it's logical conclusion by saying that if you own such a "historic" vehicle you can be prosecuted if you don't keep it in good order? (You may laugh but there are probably more over 40 year old cars lost to rust than in scrappage schemes...)

Comment

Working...
    X