Door Card Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Card Cleaning

Following on from my last topic of washing car seat covers, which turned out pretty well, I'm now looking to scrub and clean the door cards.
    I don't want to use shop bought chemicals so is it ok to use warm water, soft soap and gently scrub the fabric with a nail brush?
    I don't want to damage the fabric as it is impossible to get new stuff.

Cheers
    Stewart

Take them to the jet wash, use the HOT foam brush, blast them to rinse, then hand them out on the line.
    their tough things so will survive well.
    Mine came up brilliant and are spot on, the carpet came up even better.
    Attached Files

Comment

Came up very good those
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Depends on the door card too. The ones Mr Bump did there are pretty tough and will put up with a fair bit of cleaning punishment. If you've got the lower spec trims in that fuzzy velour type fabric you have to be more careful as the fabric can be very fragile and often comes unglued, so surface clean only is best with that, the most agressive you can really be is a household carpet shampoo machine like a Vax or similar but even then you run the risk of the fabric coming unglued and going baggy. If you do unglue the fabric you can unpick it from the edge and reglue it with a good strong spray-on contact adhesive and a good bit of patience. Either way, the fuzzy cards are a nuisance for getting grubby and being difficult to clean afterwards.

Comment

Working...
        X