Plastic refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic refurb

I want to refurb the plastic on the inside of my Maestro. It is not in the best condition so I have been looking to respect it. It is listed as Flint but I can’t find a comparable rattle can. Does any one know what colour, either BS or FS code number for flint, or is it better to have them recovered in faux leather material?
    Cheers
    Stu

Originally posted by secubis3 View Post
    I want to refurb the plastic on the inside of my Maestro. It is not in the best condition so I have been looking to respect it. It is listed as Flint but I can’t find a comparable rattle can. Does any one know what colour, either BS or FS code number for flint, or is it better to have them recovered in faux leather material?
    Cheers
    Stu
    That would depend on what trim parts you need to refurb. Flint is a common colour throughout the range and years.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

All the plastic in the cab. Steering wheel and dash will get different treatment..

Comment

As I've been learning trying to do the interior on mine, the standard vinyl dye colours out there are either not grey enough when you go for browns, or too blue when you go for greys. Flint is a very odd colour, it's sort of halfway between grey and brown and it yellows with age and UV exposure so it all depends which bit of the interior you want to match to. The good news is that all the plastic in the interior can be redyed. If you're wanting to keep an accurate Flint colour then you're probably best to use Kolorbond Vinylkote https://www.kolorbond.co.uk/vinylkot...leather-vinyl/ since they can do you an exact match for colour and finish. Because of shortages with generic dyes at the moment, this is the route I'm probably going to end up going. It's a little more expensive but having seen the results on other cars over the years, it's well worth the investment. I've been using TRG Super Color for interior plastics - hard, soft, and vinyl - and for a full set of door cards, seats, and trim pieces it's 8-12 150ml cans depending on the size of the car, as a rough guide for quantities. The Kolorbond apparently has better coverage, so you'll likely be more at the 8 can quantity to do a whole interior, or just over a litre. If you're only doing the hard plastics and none of the seats, a litre is probably enough. Both dyes can be used on the steering wheel and dashboard and providing it's applied correctly, it shouldn't rub off or wear thin since it's a dye rather than a paint.

Comment

Working...
        X