Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching / uploading pictures?

Hi folks,

I can see loads of photos have been uploaded to the Forum, but also that others recently (including me) only end up with an attachment icon/logo showing as an attachment , but the picture is not visible.

Is it that my .jpg filesize was bigger than "allowed", or some other reason?

Anyone got a simple Noddys Guide / file criteria they can provide?

Cheers f'now!
    John

test #1
    Attached Files

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

test #2
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by grout20 View Post
        Hi folks,

I can see loads of photos have been uploaded to the Forum, but also that others recently (including me) only end up with an attachment icon/logo showing as an attachment , but the picture is not visible.

Is it that my .jpg filesize was bigger than "allowed", or some other reason?

Anyone got a simple Noddys Guide / file criteria they can provide?

Cheers f'now!
        John
        Test #1 - for some reason this attachment doesn't show thumbnail image - only link to attachment. Not a large jpeg image either - something does seem to be wrong?

Test #2 small giff image that seems to be working but the picture is thumbnail size anyway - very odd indeed?

Comment

Mike that brings back memories test#1 is my old Maestro I sold around '98. Tried to find it before I bought my current but unfortunately think it had long since died

Out of curiosity where did you find that image?

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
          Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
          Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

Hi Paul - I scanned it from an old Max Power magazine years ago. The magazine was doing a buyers guide feature - this car was used with lots of good images. Did you own the car Paul at that time?

Comment

There are some issues with image uploads at the moment, we're not sure why. We'll try and get it fixed asap!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisM View Post
                There are some issues with image uploads at the moment, we're not sure why. We'll try and get it fixed asap!
                Thanks Chris .... my uploading problem may not have been caused by my own numptiness then!

I'll watch this thread for your "All clear" message and try again

cheers f'now
                John

Comment

Is that why i can't update my profile picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                    Hi Paul - I scanned it from an old Max Power magazine years ago. The magazine was doing a buyers guide feature - this car was used with lots of good images. Did you own the car Paul at that time?
                    Thanks Mike. I remember the article well and have a copy of it somewhere in my loft. I didn't own it at that time though bought it not that long after it. The car was from the Galashiels area and if I remember rightly the seller had bought it from new, sold it after a year or two then bought it back, keeping it for about another year or so before selling it on to me. Just realised I've got my dates mixed up as well as it was '94 I bought it not long after my 21st. Kept it for around 7 year selling it on around 2001......and regretted it ever since

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
                    Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
                    Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

Success!

Hi all,

After Jeff Turbo posted a message that Photo Uploads should be back working now, I've successfully uploaded some.
                      Thanks again Jeff!

Perhaps everyone knows this already, but I used Microsoft Powerpoint to drastically reduce my JPGs picture file size from around 2.5Mb each to around 200Kb.

I thought file size may have been the issue when my uploads failed previously.

I did this....

- Insert your picture into a Powerpoint presentation.
                      - Right click on the inserted picture.
                      - "Save picture as" a new JPG file to a folder somewhere. Powerpoint calls
                      it "Picture1" and the new file is around the 200Kb.

Hope this is useful to some folk. May also help when emailing pictures.

cheers
                      John

Comment

Nope, still can't change my picture

Comment

Working...
                        X