Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNOUNCEMENT

This is the official line from the club as of now:

After listening to and weighing up the views of members and non members who use these forums, there will be no restriction to non-members having access to the forums. Whilst the needs of the club should be a priority, so should keeping cars on the road - if helping non members (maybe people who only have the car a short while) keeps the cars going rather than scrapped then that can only be a good thing. Some non-members have a detailed knowledge of these cars and give this information freely. I respect them and respect what they do to help everyone keep their cars going, to improve them or to show everyone what they have done.

1) The planned closure of the Forum on 1/1/15 to non-club members is therefore cancelled.
    2) We will focus firstly on the Spares Service as our No.1 Priority in the new year and a new provision will be in place by the end of February 2015. The spares stock is to be relocated from Winsford, Cheshire to Blackpool.
    3) With regard to the spares move, club members are welcome to come and help move them, and - for the first time ever - have the opportunity for the first “spares open day” Others are to follow.
    4) Spares stock to be liquidated by better promotion, keener pricing and a publicity drive. The aim is to liquidate the lot as quickly as we can, ideally within 12 months and not to buy up that much again. Much of our spares stock was the leftovers of spares from the “Ledbury” manufacture facility which was an offer that we couldn’t refuse at the time.
    This will add revenue to the Club's bank account that will allow us to...
    5) replace the existing website with an improved one to facilitate the following features:

a. For people to buy membership to the club through the website and for the website to hold all the membership details. It would be handy to be able to send out group emails to them, as and when.
    b. To be able to run a shop from, selling spares and regalia.
    c. To be able to run an up to date forum. The forum is about 10 years old and packed with useful information
    d. To host our club magazine in a digital form, for members to be able to download.
    e. To promote club activities like events and meetings
    f. To carry relevant and non-intrusive advertising/banners to help finance the website.

At which point, after full consultation with the membership is it a possibility - but only a possibility - that...

6) A system of graduated membership could be introduced (including an on line only facility) to ensure that everyone that benefits from the Forum and its contents contributes at least something in some way. This will be open to discussion.

I respect the decision for some of you not to be members, at whatever price. Some of you aren't car club people. Quite rightly though we must strive for increased membership. One of the ways we aim to do that, is to organise a greater variety of events, located in a greater variety of areas.

I have stated that the forum will continue in its present format for the foreseeable future, but any changes if any, will involve full contribution with you all – and your views will be taken seriously.

The bottom line is that we all have one thing in common: An interest/love/passion in Austin, Rover and MG Maestros and Montegos. We aim to promote them, to assist in preserving them and to assist in developing them from where Rover left off. That’s what we’ve always done as a club, that’s what we aim to continue to do. From all your recent views on the issues raised recently, we as a committee realise there is much passion, pride and enthusiasm out there for these cars from people of all ages and backgrounds. I've been interested in them since they were first launched and have driven more miles in these cars than anything else.

Finally, to avoid situations like these arising in future, we will make committee meeting agendas and minutes available for all to read in a bid to make the committee more transparent. It isn't a secret society or a closed shop. In that way, I hope that you don’t see it as a “them and us” situation. It certainly isn’t meant to be that way.

Thank you all for your input, whether negative or positive. This is a fantastic community.
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Very Well put!

Comment

Seconded, well put indeed. Thanks.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thank you Simon. An excellent proposal that will hopefully be met positively by all concerned.
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
        1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Nice one simon

Comment

Fantastic news!

Comment

Good response!
              *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
              Follow me at
              FourNineSix

Comment

Working...
              X