New/Old here from Sheffield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Old here from Sheffield

Hi to all on here. I joined about 6-7 years back but never went to any meets. I met a Dan and Lyndsey (Sheffield) once to buy a bumper and was in awe of their knowledge and commitment to the Austin/Rover cause, but thats about it really.
    I took my Black MG Maestro 20i 1987 for a test two weeks ago, for it's first test in 5 years and it failed on only emissions i feared the worst, but changed the oil, oil filter, plugs and put in a gallon of fresh petrol and to my relief it went through without any trouble. It's now sat in my garage but i have taxed it for first time in 6 years. I'm keen to give it some road time this summer, but i'm very busy working full time and having kids. I'd love to meet up with any local owners (Sheffield/South Yorks) for a chat. I need to get some bodywork done following a rear shunt that my insurance didn't cover, which was why i took it of the road in 2006. I've got a miniscule budget to do the needed repairs and would appreciate any constructive comments/advice on what to do etc.

Help! Advice! Please. Paul - Meadowhall.

Hi there,

We are no longer in sheffield (had to move for work), but still have the fleet (probably unchanged!). What is needed for the repairs?
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Hi again. Last time i briefly saw you i think you had a white turbo mothballed in your garage and your other half had a rover 220 turbo.

Well to my knowledge i need/want both rear quarters. I may be able to get away with only replacing the offside quarter and having some light bodywork on the nearside. I've seen some quarters come up on ebay, but haven't committed to buying one as is didn't know whether i could afford to pay for the repairs and respray etc. The tailgate has a slight dent on the edge, but liveable. Maybe i should just enjoy it as it is and ignore it's unsightly crumpled rear corners. Do you know any local help for repairs help etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wadsley View Post
        Hi to all on here. I joined about 6-7 years back but never went to any meets. I met a Dan and Lyndsey (Sheffield) once to buy a bumper and was in awe of their knowledge and commitment to the Austin/Rover cause, but thats about it really.
        I took my Black MG Maestro 20i 1987 for a test two weeks ago, for it's first test in 5 years and it failed on only emissions i feared the worst, but changed the oil, oil filter, plugs and put in a gallon of fresh petrol and to my relief it went through without any trouble. It's now sat in my garage but i have taxed it for first time in 6 years. I'm keen to give it some road time this summer, but i'm very busy working full time and having kids. I'd love to meet up with any local owners (Sheffield/South Yorks) for a chat. I need to get some bodywork done following a rear shunt that my insurance didn't cover, which was why i took it of the road in 2006. I've got a miniscule budget to do the needed repairs and would appreciate any constructive comments/advice on what to do etc.

Help! Advice! Please. Paul - Meadowhall.

You're Meadowhall? I'm only up Ecclesfield way - surprised I've not caught a glimpse of yours. You may have seen my Moonraker Blue Montego HL batting about. From your post in the spotted thread, it's evident you've spotted the Countryman Diesel in Wincobank.

Get some pics up - it might well be that it doesn't need as much bodywork as you think! (I'm not criticising your eye, more that if our cars need work we tend too be overly-critical and assume the worst unless we get second opinions)
        Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
        E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
        H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
        J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
        L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
        OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
        PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Hi again. Last time i briefly saw you i think you had a white turbo mothballed in your garage and your other half had a rover 220 turbo.

Well to my knowledge i need/want both rear quarters. I may be able to get away with only replacing the offside quarter and having some light bodywork on the nearside. I've seen some quarters come up on ebay, but haven't committed to buying one as is didn't know whether i could afford to pay for the repairs and respray etc. The tailgate has a slight dent on the edge, but liveable. Maybe i should just enjoy it as it is and ignore it's unsightly crumpled rear corners. Do you know any local help for repairs help etc.
          Still got the same. Took the white turbo to pride of longbridge on saturday!

Pics of the damage may help. You may be able to get away with a couple of wheelarch repair panels if the damage isn't too bad.
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
            You're Meadowhall? I'm only up Ecclesfield way - surprised I've not caught a glimpse of yours. You may have seen my Moonraker Blue Montego HL batting about. From your post in the spotted thread, it's evident you've spotted the Countryman Diesel in Wincobank.

Get some pics up - it might well be that it doesn't need as much bodywork as you think! (I'm not criticising your eye, more that if our cars need work we tend too be overly-critical and assume the worst unless we get second opinions)
            Cheers Sam, maybe a more keen and less critical eye would be useful here. It'd be good to have a nosey at yours. I used to own a Montego 20 Si. I used that for a few years up and down the motorways doing 40k a year till it went to car heaven. As for the Countryman, my sides were hurting when Chris came home with the Crystal trophy. He was like a dog with two tails.

I'll get my carout of it's hiding place and give it a well earned wash. Not seen a sponge in 5 years so very dusty and it's currently being used as a shed.

Hope to meet up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
              Still got the same. Took the white turbo to pride of longbridge on saturday!

Pics of the damage may help. You may be able to get away with a couple of wheelarch repair panels if the damage isn't too bad.
              Cheers Dan? Nice to hear your're getting some use out of your turbo. I'll get it cleaned up and take some pics.

Comment

Another Sheffielder, yay!

Comment

Hi

Hi and welcome!,

I'm just up the road in Leeds.

Ray
                  MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                  Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                  MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Cheers Sam, maybe a more keen and less critical eye would be useful here. It'd be good to have a nosey at yours. I used to own a Montego 20 Si. I used that for a few years up and down the motorways doing 40k a year till it went to car heaven. As for the Countryman, my sides were hurting when Chris came home with the Crystal trophy. He was like a dog with two tails.

I'll get my carout of it's hiding place and give it a well earned wash. Not seen a sponge in 5 years so very dusty and it's currently being used as a shed.

Hope to meet up soon.

An Si, crikey! Rare beast indeed. Look forward to seeing pics of yours and meeting up in the near future.
                    Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                    E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                    H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                    J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                    L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                    OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                    PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Working...
                    X