Hi to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all

Would just like to say hello to everyone on the forum I have been lurking around picking up tips and stuff and must say the forum is very informative and helpful.
    I am currently looking to buy a Maestro as a gift for my daughter (strange but true) she loves them. I actually owned one for 6 years back in 1986 and had a few problems with it but it would be nice to own and tinker with a little bit of Austin history again
    If anyone has one for sale please let me know. I have done the ebay search thing but am a little wary of buying from there, would much prefer to buy from someone who has a genuine interest in Maestro`s and could let me know the real condition of the car .
    Thanks again for a great informative site

Hello, and welcome!

Buying from eBay can be just as successful as buying from a private sale. Normally a good indicator to the quality of the seller is how much effort has gone into the advert, and as always going to view before the end of the auction gives you a good idea of 1) the condition of the car and 2) how easy the seller is to deal with!

Have you a particular Maestro in mind, and how much you want to spend? Trim levels and engine sizes vary a lot and so does condition!

Comment

Originally posted by trotters View Post
      Would just like to say hello to everyone on the forum I have been lurking around picking up tips and stuff and must say the forum is very informative and helpful.
      I am currently looking to buy a Maestro as a gift for my daughter (strange but true) she loves them. I actually owned one for 6 years back in 1986 and had a few problems with it but it would be nice to own and tinker with a little bit of Austin history again
      If anyone has one for sale please let me know. I have done the ebay search thing but am a little wary of buying from there, would much prefer to buy from someone who has a genuine interest in Maestro`s and could let me know the real condition of the car .
      Thanks again for a great informative site
      Hi and welcome, dont worry too much about Ebay my maestro and a few other cars came from ebay and all have been fine ,

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
        Hello, and welcome!

Buying from eBay can be just as successful as buying from a private sale. Normally a good indicator to the quality of the seller is how much effort has gone into the advert, and as always going to view before the end of the auction gives you a good idea of 1) the condition of the car and 2) how easy the seller is to deal with!

Have you a particular Maestro in mind, and how much you want to spend? Trim levels and engine sizes vary a lot and so does condition!
        Any maestro would be fine even the auto version, would be looking to spend £500 or so. Will have another look on the bay of fleas
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X