Hi from Stevenage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Stevenage

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've just bought a 1990 Maestro LX Auto (it's the one in the classifieds here by "moffat" so perhaps a mod could remove the ad).
    I've never had one before (or even considered it) but was after something "a bit different" to use as a second car and something drew me to this one. The drive back from Hertford to Stevenage seemed smooth enough and the car has only done 21k miles (2k in the last 15 years and about 30 miles since 2009).
    I'll be giving it a bit of a service at the weekend. Anything I should be looking out for in particular?

Welcome,I'm quite fresh here as well

Comment

Welcome , you will get lots of good advice on here as this is a great club to be in

Comment

Thank you - looking forward to finding out more about the cars!

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Ray
          MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
          Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
          MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

I work in Hitchin!

I'd check that timing belt if I were you and get it done if there's no evidence of it being changed since 2008. Belts are 4 years or 48000 miles whichever comes first. However unlike a lot of engines, if it snaps or sheds teeth, then the pistons won't hit the valves (The S series engine is classified as a "safe" engine in this respect).
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Thanks Simon - small world. Fortunately the cambelt was done this year so I'm hoping all will be well.

Comment

Working...
              X