Hi, New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, New Member

Just joined up and thought i'd say hello.

I dont currently own a Maestro or Montego but am currently looking for a "good" MG Maestro Turbo, preferably in red.
    So if anyone hears or see's anything please pass on the details.
    Not bothered about doing some work on it as long as its not a full resto!

cheers!

Welcome and good luck with the search.

The turbos do come up for grabs occasionally and vary in condition massively, my latest project needs a fair amount of work to see the road.

Where are you located as it may help people point you in the direction for something local.

Regards

Lee
    Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
    1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
    1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
    1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Ray
      MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
      Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
      MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Hi and Welcome!

Comment

Hi,

I am Midlands based, coventry to be precise!

Yeah, i can imagine the condition varies massively, not scared of doing some work but there doesnt seem to be a massive price difference between "good" cars and ones needing some work.
          Need to dig out some photos, my dad rebuilt a load of heavy accident damaged B.L. cars over the late 80's and early 90's - all into new body shells.
          would be great if some of them are still going. think he did around 10-15 maestros and montegos.

One that comes to mind was an early 1600 mg Maestro that was origionally red with 666 on the plate, due to the mess it was in when he got it and the "666" plate he was forced by my mother to paint it white on the rebuild.

Thanks all!

cheers, Matt

Comment

welcome matt and good luck in finding the maestro you want
            yes red is my favorit colour as well.ive got 3 red ones but the clubman versions with metal bumper. including a 1.6 automatic 1987 my

Comment

Thanks!
              We had quite a few clubman models, all diesel though.
              cheers

Comment

Welcome I recently joined myself and I am also in coventry looking for a maestro. Hope your search goes well.

Comment

maestro

Hi and welcome, ,good luck with the search,just bear in mind you get what you pay for in condition, on the 666 reg ,ive just restored an mg1600 with the reg 666,and while at P O L, a man came up to me when he saw mine to tell me he had an mg 1600 [just sold it] in zircon blue, with reg 666, seems like it happened a few times.
                  Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Ah thats odd, which model are you after?

Yes, I agree. i think its a bit of a false ecconomy buying something needing work because the value of "good cars" isnt that high, considering cost and avaliability of some common to replace parts.

Very odd with the 666 reg, what are the odds of getting 3 same make and model cars with the same numbers at around the same sort of time is crazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X