Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there. Finally got round to joining the club after meeting Geoff at the NEC Show in November. I have owned an H reg (H 270 MOP) flame red MG efi since September 1994. The car was a Longbridge management car owned by a friends brother in law who worked there, it then went to my friend for 3 years and then acquired by me, so I'm the third owner. Current mileage is 120k and it's still going well. Last MOT indicating an advisory on a bit of rust in the chassis rail which has since been welded up. Alternator gave up in January quickly followed by the starter motor (it still had the rover sticker on it from the factory!). I managed to disturb the connector block in the crankshaft sensor wiring which foxed me and the RAC fixer for two and a half hours, my local garage looked at it, noticed the wire clip was missing and fixed it in about ten seconds! The Maestro is actually my most modern car and is my everyday user, the other cars are a 1956 Morris Cowley (1200cc in a ton and a quarter of metal means it's a bit slower than the Maestro) and a 1971 Lotus Europa. I'll be at the Restoration Show in March at the NEC with the Lotus on the Dream Rides stand so drop by and say hello if you want. Just noticed the header has me as a non member. How do I change that?
    Last edited by Steve Jarvis; 27th February 2015, 16:00. Reason: addition neede

i believe if you contact .Richard Gelder
    (Austin-Rover)
    he will change it for you.
    Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Jarvis View Post
      Hi there. Finally got round to joining the club after meeting Geoff at the NEC Show in November. I have owned an H reg (H 270 MOP) flame red MG efi since September 1994. The car was a Longbridge management car owned by a friends brother in law who worked there, it then went to my friend for 3 years and then acquired by me, so I'm the third owner. Current mileage is 120k and it's still going well. Last MOT indicating an advisory on a bit of rust in the chassis rail which has since been welded up. Alternator gave up in January quickly followed by the starter motor (it still had the rover sticker on it from the factory!). I managed to disturb the connector block in the crankshaft sensor wiring which foxed me and the RAC fixer for two and a half hours, my local garage looked at it, noticed the wire clip was missing and fixed it in about ten seconds! The Maestro is actually my most modern car and is my everyday user, the other cars are a 1956 Morris Cowley (1200cc in a ton and a quarter of metal means it's a bit slower than the Maestro) and a 1971 Lotus Europa. I'll be at the Restoration Show in March at the NEC with the Lotus on the Dream Rides stand so drop by and say hello if you want. Just noticed the header has me as a non member. How do I change that?
      Hi Steve
      Glad you joined up
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

i do like the late MG maestro 20i any pictures?
        MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

Hi Steve, welcome to the Club Forum!

I've upgraded your status to that of 'Member'

Comment

Working...
          X