Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello-Been a member since december 2014--This is my first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello-Been a member since december 2014--This is my first post.

Hello-This is my very first post as a 'newbie,' on this site since becoming a member (number 0025) in December 2014. I have owned Maestros since the early 1990's, when I acquired my first Maestro, a 500 Van, which had covered some miles, and covered quite a few thousand more for me.Prior to this acqusition, I had been very much a Morris Minor 'Enfoosiast!.' Since that first 'Maestro' acquistion, I have owned many similar, both the car variety and another Van, an 'H' Reg 700 Diesel Rover Marque, which was 'powered' by a 'shot' diesel engine. I changed the diesel Engine for a low-mileage 'S' series engie unit out of a bodily-decepit Maestro Vanden Plas, and, in the process, swapped over the wiring loom, so that the Van acquired centra locking doors and, for the front doors at least, 'lectric windows! Retaining the 700 van suspension and the wheel and tyres sizes gave me a very reliable , extremely quick combo that did many years service, before succumbing to the inevitable R.U.S.T. Currently, I own an Eclipse Blue, B reg original Austin Marque, with 45,000 miles on the clock, which is in use almost daily, (it registered 25,000 when I bought it some 5 years ago) and, just recently, acquired another Van, this time a Barn Find, one of the last (apparently) Ledbury 500 Vans, a T reg with 65,000 on the clock. It is in a bit of a state, but restoration is under way. I do have one or two queries on this vehicle, about which I hope to find some answers from the Site Forums, so shall be posting therein.

Welcome Maestrovanman. It certainly lookslike you've got the Maestro bug!
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      Ian Drew
      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
      MG ZT V8
      Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Working...
      X