Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm here!

Hello All,
    for the last 30 years I've had a 1983 Maestro 1.6 HLS in my garage unused. I've just got back to the fun of older cars by getting my MG ZS to be reliable and I've just retired so I think it's time to work on the "Green One". So you can expect me to be posting with silly questions as the rebuild progresses! (It even has an R Series engine)
    Andy C

There's no such thing as a silly question where this club are concerned.
    welcome aboard.
    Last edited by Mr bump; 16th October 2022, 18:13.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
      Hello All,
      for the last 30 years I've had a 1983 Maestro 1.6 HLS in my garage unused. I've just got back to the fun of older cars by getting my MG ZS to be reliable and I've just retired so I think it's time to work on the "Green One". So you can expect me to be posting with silly questions as the rebuild progresses! (It even has an R Series engine)
      Andy C
      The first Maestro I ever drove was a 1.6 HLS in clove brown, I couldn't believe how little fuel it used on the motorway.. Yours sounds as though it has had a fairly long holiday, did you use it for long before it was parked up? As above, there aren't many people on here that would thing a question was silly...usually silly applies to those that don't ask questions There are a lot of answers on here already, but not always easy to find them! good luck...

Comment

Hello All,
        Andy C
        Welcome, a zs 180 or 1.8? All my old zs 180s were reliable as we're my sons and capable of high mileage. There is no such thing as a silly question if you don't know the answer. Plenty of help on here and plenty in the archives if you can't find what you're looking for
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

To answer the questions : I think I did about 40k in the maestro before I garaged it (I ran it for a while with a Maestro Mayfair which unfortunately caught fire while being used by my cousin) I have two MG ZS's a saloon and a hatchback both 2002 1.8 and I also have a Mondeo diesel - which really doesn't use fuel on the motorway (60mpg plus)

Comment

To answer the questions : I think I did about 40k in the maestro before I garaged it (I ran it for a while with a Maestro Mayfair which unfortunately caught fire while being used by my cousin) I have two MG ZS's a saloon and a hatchback both 2002 1.8 and I also have a Mondeo diesel - which really doesn't use fuel on the motorway (60mpg plus)
            A man of a few cars, I'm sometimes like that lol.
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
            X