Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
    Standard is 114.5lb/in
    I've currently fitted more than triple that! Thanks dan, i'll order some better rates soon.

Comment

Id start at something like 200 for the road, or better still if you know what is on the front is XX% stronger then go for something similar % increase on the back to match (assuming the front is ok).
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

bizarely I just came back on as i had the same thought, problem is though according to the tables they had 20 nmm on the rear and 19nmm on the front? I have 350 on the front and it feels great. Problem is with no weight on the back it feels way too solid. (The springs we decided on for the back were 300's but 350's turned up) So I have close to what you suggest. I'll have a quick go on the damping adjustments tomorrow before i condem it.

That seems odd to me, I'm familiar with the diesel springs not so familiar with any petrol springs. the diesel springs are definatley harder at the front than the back. I'd be amazed if this wern't true through the range as the O series isn't a lightweight!

i'll ring them tomorrow and see about this, i think maybe a middle ground of around 240lbs?
        Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
        Id start at something like 200 for the road, or better still if you know what is on the front is XX% stronger then go for something similar % increase on the back to match (assuming the front is ok).

Comment

Damping will have a big effect. You want them a lot softer on teh back than the front typically to stop the rear end skipping, but only time and playing will tell!
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

It is amazing though. I have just fitted the clutch so I'm just low rev, high gearchange driving. Even with this handicap the car was so stable in twisty b roads i was leaving everyone else far behind! I have the damping dials in the middle atm so there is a lot of adjustment there. If I can stop it being so crashy I'll happily keep them as the cornering is a blast! i don't have a rear arb so it isn't going to be too skittish at the back, but yes you have a point!

Progress report tomorrow!

Comment

quick fiddle today has come up good, the car now corners like nothing else and doesn't loosen teeth while you are doing it! Once this clutch grips...

Comment

Working...
              X