Engine mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine mounts

I took my car to Austin Garages for them to fit a recon burlen carb, which they have, and what a decent job it is. Of course, taking my car there has flagged up other issues which I was only semi aware of, namely engine mounts.

How easy is it to remove and refit the right hand engine mount for the maestro turbo? I guess it's a case of using a jack and a block of wood under the sump and removing? Is there much to remove out the way to carry out the job?

Saw on mgcars bbs that one shorter term solution is to turn the rubber in the mount around using a hammer and punch when it's off the car.

*Somewhere* I have a new gearbox mount (just got to find it!). Found a fairly good used side mount yesterday and have another on a spare engine. Also got a good used gearbox mount.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Which mount on the gearbox is actually worn/broken. The more usual failure is the rear/lower one on the back of the gearbox (The rubber commonly debonds from the mount). The right hand side one on the top of the gearbox is usually relatively reliable.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. It's the driver's side top mount that's visibly bad - the rubber has escaped the mount and is very flat. Thought I might have the diff mount changed while I was at it.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Working...
      X