EPC gearbox part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPC gearbox part numbers

When I look at the EPC I see the following and hopefully have read and interpreted it correctly. For a 1986 2.0 PG-1 box part number is ADU9643, this is NLA , use DBM502, this is also NLA, use DBM822. The original part numbers appear to boxes K6AR and the DBM822 is K6AO. Before I take the whole thing apart to replace it does this about right ?

yes, they are the same box, but with a slight difference in the clutch arm..

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
      yes, they are the same box, but with a slight difference in the clutch arm..
      Will it fit a 2.0 EFI ?

Comment

It's quite easy to swap the clutch arms so you can keep the one you already have.
        I'll get the dimensions for the PAS cooler tonight for you tonight.

Ian
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Originally posted by ian drew View Post
          It's quite easy to swap the clutch arms so you can keep the one you already have.
          I'll get the dimensions for the PAS cooler tonight for you tonight.

Ian
          Fab, drillion thanks............................

Comment

just saw your second question there, as mentioned arms are easy to change, also I think the difference may be something trivial..

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
              just saw your second question there, as mentioned arms are easy to change, also I think the difference may be something trivial..
              I guess we'll see what that is when we make the change, can't believe it'll be too dramatic. Thanks, have a good weekend.

Comment

IIRC the K6AR boxes were built by Honda and imported, they used steel caged bearings. K6AO were built here by Powertrain and used the plastic caged bearings. Otherwise, no difference.
                midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post
                  IIRC the K6AR boxes were built by Honda and imported, they used steel caged bearings. K6AO were built here by Powertrain and used the plastic caged bearings. Otherwise, no difference.
                  Thanks for that info, in fact this is a Goldseal recon gearbox so wonder what they did ?

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post

Thanks for that info, in fact this is a Goldseal recon gearbox so wonder what they did ?
                    Should be all new bearings and seals, so bearings may or may not be plastic caged, as genuine ones were plastic after a certain date. They'd replace any gears/sychro etc that was out of spec too, so should be like a new one, the parts alone would be getting on for £200 now I'd guess, assuming no worn gears/shafts/other expensive bits.....

Comment

Working...
                    X