Maestro 2.0L Digidash Vs Astra GTE 1985

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro 2.0L Digidash Vs Astra GTE 1985

Does anyone know how to find out how many 2.0L EFI Digidashes were actually made....and how many left I only know of 1...mine.
    . I know that the engine was put in just before the dash upgrade.
    I have marketing material from 1985 (the year after my car) at it shows the new dash.

I have a few magazines who are going to test my car against the Astra GTE from the heritage centre in Luton as they both have digidash, this info would be useful for the article.

Any history and data will be gratefully received.

Tristan

Hi Tristan presumably you saw the one on eBay recently?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-rar...53.m1438.l2649

Still reckon your car is a rare survivor.
    My Dad had one back in the day (B reg with O series engine and electronic dash)
    I would have loved thw on one eBay but no more space (or money! lol)

Andrew

Comment

Yes I did it was mine - having realized the rarity of it I decided to take it off and keep it- most people were telling me I was mad to sell it....having had the quote for the respray now I think I am mad to keep it!!!

Comment

Tristan,
        I've got one, same as yours in Silver.

The EFi was introduced with analogue instruments but with the digital dash available as an option. By September 1985 it isn't listed in the brochures and seems to have gone from the Vanden Plas as well. The take-up must have been low if it was deleted so quickly. The Montego fascia came in early 1986.

Look forward to seeing the article.

Nick

Comment

Tristan, glad it's staying in the club. When you've finished any restoration, it will be worth it as these are now rare cars (with digi-dash)

Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X