Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel lift pump replacing diaphragm

help

That doesn't say much thart. What's the problem?
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

The older type of lift pump had a diaphragm with 2 notches in the shaft, it could be removed by turning it a 1/4 turn to release it, later ones have a slot in the shaft and I cannot see how to release it from the pump body, I have a repair kit but until I find an answer to this I cannot use it.
      Thanks for answering my enquiry Jeff

Comment

oh i see, you have a kit, they where NLA last time i needed a pump. i did not know about the later pump having a slot. if you remove the pump and clean off the old gasket you will see the two wedges holding the pump together but the pump body will have been hammered over to stop them coming out. same for the valves, if your kit has new ones you will need to use a punch to fix them in place.

Comment

Thank you again Robert, I have fixed many of the older type over the years but the new type foxed me, your solution looks like a perfect answer.
          I am tempted to go for the new pump that you suggested and once that is up and running, I can repair the existing one at my leisure as a spare.
          This should reduce downtime hopefully.
          Very many thanks T 2 sheds

Comment

Working...
          X