Maestro Turbo 384

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Turbo 384

Hi Guys. Have just collected my Maestro Turbo from Roberts MG after them sorting out 99% of the problems. This included a new heater matrix, problems with water leaks, Central locking and Electric Mirrors.
    They replaced the heater matrix, found some dodgy hoses, replaced the electric mirror switch in the dashboard, and well sorted the Central Locking.
    Absolutely amazing, All working Fab, in fact the heater is now so good had to turn it down on the drive home.
    While the car was with Roberts, whos business they run from a trading estate in Windsor, apparently some of the local companies on this estate, loads of people saw the Maestro Turbo and Matt from Roberts MG could have sold my car a 100 times over. It got so much attention. Sorry guys, it aint for sale, unless you win the lottery :-).
    Anyway, Matt from Roberts and me, were having a chat when i picked up the car. He said that although an absolute show winner, one thing that does let it down is the MG Badge in the grill. I had to agree with him.
    It is looking very tired
    So my question is, can you get brand new MG Grill badges, and if so, where?
    Hope all members have a great Christmas and new year
    Tom

Maestro Turbo #384
    Nissan Skyline R34
    Audi Q3 RS 440bhp

Fantastic to see such a reception of the car! I'm hoping this is the year I get mine back on the road, now how many times have I said that....
    Regarding the front grill badge, I'm fairly sire they are NLA. I bought a new one a few years ago when one of the parts suppliers were selling them off. If they were for sale now on eBay I think they would fetch a pretty penny. I would have thought that getting one refurbished would be the best option, although I wouldn't know where to start.

Interesting to see all of the things that garage in Windsor sorted, especially the central locking, which has always been a weak point of the M&M cars. Did they get new motors of a different kind, or grease up the mechanism?
    I'm in St Albans so not a million miles from Windsor should I need a decent garage in the future.

Have a great Christmas and new year driving the MG!

Ian
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
      Hi Guys. Have just collected my Maestro Turbo from Roberts MG after them sorting out 99% of the problems. This included a new heater matrix, problems with water leaks, Central locking and Electric Mirrors.
      They replaced the heater matrix, found some dodgy hoses, replaced the electric mirror switch in the dashboard, and well sorted the Central Locking.
      Absolutely amazing, All working Fab, in fact the heater is now so good had to turn it down on the drive home.
      While the car was with Roberts, whos business they run from a trading estate in Windsor, apparently some of the local companies on this estate, loads of people saw the Maestro Turbo and Matt from Roberts MG could have sold my car a 100 times over. It got so much attention. Sorry guys, it aint for sale, unless you win the lottery :-).
      Anyway, Matt from Roberts and me, were having a chat when i picked up the car. He said that although an absolute show winner, one thing that does let it down is the MG Badge in the grill. I had to agree with him.
      It is looking very tired
      So my question is, can you get brand new MG Grill badges, and if so, where?
      Hope all members have a great Christmas and new year
      Tom

Maestro Turbo #384
      Nissan Skyline R34
      Audi Q3 RS 440bhp
      Great to hear alls well now, the part number for an MG grill badge is JRC7004 AKM Racing has one on its spares list, ive used him before and he's very legit http://akmracing.dk/ page number 5 on the spares list, he also has many rare parts listed
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd December 2019, 12:30.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Little gold mine he's got there! Just need to remember it exists.
        Ian
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Originally posted by ian drew View Post
          Little gold mine he's got there! Just need to remember it exists.
          Ian
          He's a nice bloke aswell. If you need him in the future, just look at this thread as I've linked it Ian. Can't keep all my suppliers a secret anymore, there's also another supplier of rare parts I've used in Nottingham.

Comment

Hi Jeff, I'm still looking for an MG grille for my Maestro, that guy doesn't list one. JRC7003, any ideas? thanks in advance. Simon

Comment

Originally posted by itspatina View Post
              Hi Jeff, I'm still looking for an MG grille for my Maestro, that guy doesn't list one. JRC7003, any ideas? thanks in advance. Simon
              There is one on ebay atm, grille badge is upside down and its a bit expensive, but as needs must, David Smith may have one in his various spares
              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th December 2019, 18:36.

Comment

Yes, I've seen it, but I've just spent a fortune on a brand new badge from Sean, so just wanted a cheap grille that I could paint and fit the new badge. Is David Smith on fb or on here? if so what's his user name please Jeff. Thanks Simon

Comment

Originally posted by itspatina View Post
                  Yes, I've seen it, but I've just spent a fortune on a brand new badge from Sean, so just wanted a cheap grille that I could paint and fit the new badge. Is David Smith on fb or on here? if so what's his user name please Jeff. Thanks Simon
                  David is on facebook and so is his son. Al Smith, They both were on here and i think David looks sometimes, user name on here is mgdavid

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Comment

Thanks all. A very Happy New Year to all.
                      I might have a go at re-painting the original MG Badge with some Acyrlic paint and some fine brushes, either way, if this doesnt work then still might be able to get a replacement.

Comment

Hi Ian. I would recommend Roberts MG to any one with an MG, old ornot so old.
                        Apparently, regarding the Central Locking, there is another switch inside the drivers door that when you insert the key and unlock, it operates this switch which inturn activates the other locking solenoids. Roberts took this switch out and thoroughly cleaned it up (apparently you cant get them anymore) and since then the central locking has been working fine. you might be able to get one from a scrapper, but might have the same problems.
                        Roberts MG are brilliant at sorting any weird and wonderfull problems you may have so definately give them a go

Comment

I might have a go at re-painting the original MG Badge with some Acyrlic paint and some fine brushes, either way, if this doesnt work then still might be able to get a replacement.
                          Did you try the link I put up for you?

Comment

I masked and sprayed my badge with rattle cans. I'll try and post a pic up but I'm happy with it.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
                            Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
                            Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

Hi All.
                              After getting the Turbo back from Roberts am still unfortunately having problems with a water leak. Contacted Matt from Roberts and he couldnt believe it. He fully pressure checked the system and showed no pressure drop, but on getting the MG out today to give it a good wash, there was a big puddle underneath on the garage floor. Also the battery was as flat as a pancake so had to use the jumper pack. cant believe the battery is duff as it was only new in October. Have removed the battery and put it on a slow charge for 24 hours.
                              Have decided to have a go at re-painting the Grill MG badge myself with some Acrylic paint, a small brush, and a steady hand.
                              Anyway, while cleaning the MG, the interior mats are looking very tired, so my next question, can you still get a set of original/proper Maestro mats?. Are the Turbo mats specific to this model or all the Maestro mats the same.
                              Many thanks Guys.
                              Best wishes
                              Tom.

Comment

Working...
                              X