Turbo Oil Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Oil Filter

Trying to find a source of correct Turbo oil filters (ADU9826 or Fram PH4835). Need to do an oil change, but these seem to have become like the proverbial. Anyone found a supplier recently?
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Hi Pete. Just read your input about oil filters, are you saying that original spec oil filters are no longer available. I know when you saw my car you said it had the wrong size oil filter on it. What are the implications of using the wrong size oil filter?
    Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

I've just put a post in the Part Number Comparisons thread to help out. The main issue is that the correct oil filter for Turbo engines is a different size and has different filtration properties. This is to recognise the different flow rate and requirements of the turbo engine as compared to the n/a version of the O series engine. The proper filter is squatter and bigger in diameter. All the info you need is in that thread.
      If you happen to fit a filter from the standard O series, then it is possible that the filter won't do its job properly ( and could be bypassed because of flow rate) and/or not filter the oil to the correct level. If that happens, then there is always the possibility that the engine and/or turbo will suffer.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

These are the same and from a good company
        Attached Files
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Looks good Jeff. Hopefully these will do the job. As the T series engine is not as old as the Maestro/ Montego Turbo Engine, then hopefully they should still be fairly readily available.

Comment

Thanks for looking into this Jeff.

Will have to order some from this supplier. DMGRS

Comment

No problem, Scott took over the running of this add has many parts for mg/rovers, including a little for the older cars
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Hi Jeff. Just spoken to DMGRS and have ordered a couple of filters. Apparently they are not original Rover/MG filters but are exactly the same. As long as they do the job.
                On speaking to them they seem a great bunch of guys and may even be able to locate some other hard to find parts.
                Thanks
                Tom
                Maestro Turbo 384
                Nissan Skyline R34 GTR
                Audi Q3 RS 440 bhp

Comment

As further info to this oil filter question, have heard (true or not) that the Diesel Montego/Maestro oil filter is the larger size and can be used as a suitable replacement for the Petrol Turbo variants. Have nothing to substantiate this so what is the opinion.
                  Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
                    As further info to this oil filter question, have heard (true or not) that the Diesel Montego/Maestro oil filter is the larger size and can be used as a suitable replacement for the Petrol Turbo variants. Have nothing to substantiate this so what is the opinion.
                    Tom
                    The Diesel one is 13/16" unf, so will fit threads, but is bigger diameter, not sure if anything will be in the way of fitting it. If you are anywhere near an independant Land Rover garage, they should be able to sell you one of these L series Freelander filters https://www.paddockspares.com/err554...-0-diesel.html which are the same as the Prima diesel ones, but cheaper, or if you are on facebook and want an OE quality one Sean Turnbull has genuine filters for Sherpa 200 series diesel which are also the same. Probably best to get the cheapie to try, in case it is too big...don't remember any obstructions, but wouldn't like to say it will definately fit.

Comment

If anyone (Sussex Pete?) wants the real McCoy I have 1 original Unipart GFE189 for sale.
                      It's the first item in the list under 'For sale' section....
                      midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Hi David. Firstly great to speak to you over the weekend.As i mentioned did manage to get a few pattern filters from DMGRS, which i hope should be OK. At least they should be better than using one of the smaller filters. The Maestro Turbo doesnt get a good thrashing any more, although it desereves getting the Full Moo every so often, why else would you own one. :-)
                        Have been to visit both the garages that you recommended today. Beech Hill Garage and Summit Motors. After meeting with them they would both be happy to take on the Maestro Turbo.
                        #384 is due its MOT on 20th April so still not decided which Garage to take it to yet. They both look good.
                        Very sadly dont want to use Roberts MG anymore, despite all the good work they have done in the past.
                        The memories of the broken rear screen, plus loads of other, poor attention to detail things, like oily boot marks all over the original car mats,which took ages to clean, plus so many other things im afraid have just ruined any goodwill we previously had.
                        Still not decide which Garage to take the Maestro too yet but will let members know.
                        Tom

Comment

Working...
                        X