Maestro Turbo help and advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Turbo help and advice please

Hi Guys, hope you are all staying well. Got the Maestro Turbo through its MOT and service recently with no problems, so its all good to go now. Considering it hadnt been started for nearly 3 months, reconnected the battery and it fired up second turn, amazing. ManyThanks to the new garage Summit MG.for all their help and service.
    Have recently cntacted Peter Cooper regarding a few issues but dont like to keep contacting him direct so wondering if you guys can help with a few, non major, issues.
    These are trim issues.
    Firstly, the sun visors are looking very shabby. Can these be repaired or are there any replacements available. Are they the same across the whole Maestro range, or are the Turbo ones unique.?
    Secondly, although the drivers seat is in good condition, the MG Logo on the seat back has broken up and practically disappeared. Is there a fix for this, and if not, does anyone have a good condition seat available. Not sure if the MG EFi seats are the same as the Turbo.
    Really hope that we can get some shows in this year and to meet up with some of our members.
    Many thanks in advance
    Tom

Sunvisors are no longer available. I did an experiment with a pair of old ones and with care you can replace the fabric material. The MG logo on the seat back I replaced years ago with an embroidered one. I replaced all the MG logos and the red strips. I do know that a few have copied my seats and have there's done, so try that
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Are all the sunvisors the same across all models as someone, somewhere must be breaking a Maestro where the visors are not too bad..
      Again, thanks, but still wonder if the EFi seats are the same, as again, maybe someone, somewhere might be breaking one up with good seats
      Other than this, will give your advice a go.
      Many thanks
      Tom

Comment

Sunvisors are the same as a Montego, all 2.0 MG Maestros had the same sunvisors. plastic surround with fabric insert the same as the headlining material, the Maestro turbo, efi seats and mid year mg montego seats are the same. Early montego turbo seats were marle deco, then velour with the red strip, mg logo and turbo on the seat, later years the turbo lettering was dropped up to the facelift. This is what I did to mine
        https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...-montego-turbo
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 3rd July 2020, 10:05.
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

To repair my seats I seen a set of very knackered mg metro seats for sale on eBay quite cheap. (Seem to be the same size as maestro!) There was enough logo and stripes intact between the two front seats and rear bench to repair mine so I made an offer that was excepted to just cut round the material on the seats and post that to me. I carefully removed what I needed and glued them onto mine. Been spot on since. Worth a go keep your eye's pealed for any for sale. The seats for sale were in such poor condition I didn't feel guilty about them been butchered as they couldn't have been used for a restoration. The other bones with this is the colour had faded on the ones I bought to about the same on the rest of mine so didn't look out of place.
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Comment

Thanks Andy

Comment

Working...
              X