2.0EFi engine idle speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

Do you have these three adjustment screws in your throttle housing. They may have a cap on two and three

Hi, no I don't only 1 the throttle screw, 2 & 3 are blanked off. I have throttle body MZW1017 (2 actually) I'll take a look at my spare but I'm pretty sure I've already done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post

Hi, no I don't only 1 the throttle screw, 2 & 3 are blanked off. I have throttle body MZW1017 (2 actually) I'll take a look at my spare but I'm pretty sure I've already done that.[/SIZE][/FONT]
      I'm getting confused here Chris. Answered Will about his problem here and you on your other thread as you have two going at once.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

I'm getting confused here Chris. Answered Will about his problem here and you on your other thread as you have two going at once.

Yes that's weird not sure how that's happened !

Comment

Hi Jeff. Mine seems to be missing the idle speed adjustment screw. Mixture adjustment and throttle stop screws are both there. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
            Hi Jeff. Mine seems to be missing the idle speed adjustment screw. Mixture adjustment and throttle stop screws are both there. Any ideas?
            When you switch the ignition on do you hear the auto choke making a whirring noise and if so have you removed it to find out its working correctly as it pushed the end out. Also is the gasket on the auto choke in good condition
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th April 2022, 06:52.

Comment

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Yes that's weird not sure how that's happened !
              Chris, you have another thread called over revving which I assume is your issue in that the revs won't settle

Comment

According to the various documentation I've read this seems to be the weak link in the system, we're changing this over the weekend. Click image for larger version  Name:	0019939.jpg Views:	13 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	335376
                I mentioned that on post 2 Chris, you should also carry out the reset on the idle as per described by Gary if you've replaced anything
                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th April 2022, 07:05.

Comment

Hi Jeff. Yes, I hear whirring sound. When you say auto choke, do you mean stepper motor? This was recently changed for a cheap one off ebay. Still got the old one too. Shall just unbolt with ignition on and see if it's sticking out or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
                    Hi Jeff. Yes, I hear whirring sound. When you say auto choke, do you mean stepper motor? This was recently changed for a cheap one off ebay. Still got the old one too. Shall just unbolt with ignition on and see if it's sticking out or not?
                    The whirring noise you hear is the air valve stepper motor (auto choke). Is that moving in and out as that opens and closes the air valve. also when you replaced it did you also refit a new gasket?

Comment

Hi Jeff. I have sent you a video as I am not sure how to upload on here. The stepper motor does not move with ignition on. Not sure if this is normal or not? I used the new gasket last time and it doesn't seem damaged now I have taken it off. It does sound like there's air leaking from somewhere though but don't think its around the stepper motor.

Comment

Working...
                      X