Oil Filler Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filler Valve

Hi Guys, long time since ive been on here . hope you are all good.
    Hardly used the Maestro Turbo recently apart from a couple of local Breakfast Clubs so nothing really to report.still waiting for my health issues to be sorted.
    However, (there is always a but), went for a run in the Turbo this afternoon. Checked the oil level, and it was down a fraction, nothing to worry about.
    Thought i would top it up. On trying to remove the oil filler cap, which seems to have some sort of crankcase venting system, it just fell apart in my hands.
    Not wishing to point fingers but suspect this was broken when it had its service in April and they didnt tell me, i wonder why. Not sure how crucial this part is, but, if you can get them, then want to replace it if possible.
    Any ideas guys. Is this part standard across the whole range.
    Cheers
    Tom

Is the oil filler cap square or round? Square is no longer available, round is the same on all Maestros or Montegos with a 2.0 litre engine, link for one but as always check first
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164439450...IAAOSw2SVfg32r
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th September 2021, 16:00.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff
      Its a round one.
      I will get on it.
      Thanks again

Comment

Part number is GFE6011 if you want to search for it online
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
        1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Have done this, but looks like i have been scammed. Went onto the Ebay link that Jeff sent me, ordered and payed. was due for delivery Monday, but checking with Hermes, they have no record.
          I know its only a few quid, but thats not the point. Will be contacting the supplier, but dont hold out much hope. Just as well the part wasent hundreds of pounds.
          Ah well, you live and learn. the internet is a breeding ground for those that want to rip you off, even if only for a few quid, but magnify this by masses.
          Hey Ho.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
            Have done this, but looks like i have been scammed. Went onto the Ebay link that Jeff sent me, ordered and payed. was due for delivery Monday, but checking with Hermes, they have no record.
            I know its only a few quid, but thats not the point. Will be contacting the supplier, but dont hold out much hope. Just as well the part wasent hundreds of pounds.
            Ah well, you live and learn. the internet is a breeding ground for those that want to rip you off, even if only for a few quid, but magnify this by masses.
            Hey Ho.
            If you paid via paypal just put in a dispute and you'll be paid back. Don't understand if you've been scammed as the seller has good feedback and recent too

Comment

It will turn up, try the tracking number in the royal mail website in case he has made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
                Hey Ho.
                Is it the same as efi? if so then I have some..Are you going to Milton Keynes show on sunday? If you are, I could bring you one, if not I could post it..

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
                  Is it the same as efi? if so then I have some..Are you going to Milton Keynes show on sunday? If you are, I could bring you one, if not I could post it..
                  Yes it is the same

Comment

Thanks guys for all your replies. I wont be going to Milton Keynes im afraid, hope Pete will be there with his superb Turbo. Shame i wont be there to give Pete a run for his money with my Turbo.
                    Apparently, the item was sent to Hermes, so have been online with them today and it seems they have received it, but its got lost somewhere, wow, really gives you confidence in Hermes as a delivery service, dont it.
                    Lets hope it turns up sooner rather than later.
                    Thanks to all for your comments and advice.

Comment

Just got back from Hols. Package still not arrived.
                      Have contacted Hermes again and emailed the seller direct.
                      Thanks DoctorDiesel, will give it a few more days and if nothing by then will contact you

Comment

Just heard from the seller of the oil filler cap. He is chasing Hermes, and if still no joy, he will send me another.
                        Missed quite a good local show today, got no petrol in the MG or Skyline, and all the petrol stations round here are dry.
                        Went out yesterday to try and get some but all 4 local stations were closed so just wasted time, and what little petrol driving round trying to find some.
                        No point.
                        The only consolation is i suppose that there probably wasent too many at the local show because they may be in the same boat as me.
                        Ah Well, things can only get better, hopefully.

Comment

Glad to hear the seller is sorting it out, petrol shortage sounds a bit bad though. Up here we were only affected for a few hours on monday, when a nearby town ran out, so the residents headed over the hills to fill up here!

Comment

Yes, thanks DoctorDiesel. Heard from the seller, and yes, Hermes have lost the package, so in good faith, the seller is sending me another one. Good chap..
                            Just need some petrol now, but refuse point blank to queue up for hours. rather save what we got.

Comment

Working...
                            X