Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early R series MG maestro choke cable removal from the steering cowl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early R series MG maestro choke cable removal from the steering cowl.

OK, I'm not at the point where I'm going to fire up the dremmel to cut the bloody thing off!!!
    can any member please tell the sequence to remove the manual choke unit from the steering cowling? Am I missing something? I cannot see how it can be removed!
    PLEASE HELP.

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
    OK, I'm not at the point where I'm going to fire up the dremmel to cut the bloody thing off!!!
    can any member please tell the sequence to remove the manual choke unit from the steering cowling? Am I missing something? I cannot see how it can be removed!
    PLEASE HELP.
    The knob either unscrews, or there is a peg to press in, (I can't remember which the Maestro one is) then the back nut, whole thing then goes out the back iirc.

Comment

Just checked in haynes book, it is a peg/pin to press in.

Comment

It was stuck fast! Would not move, so lucky its a VW unit, and was available at VW heritage.
        but what a polarva!

Comment

Now you mention it, I have seen some that wouldn't come off on early Range Rovers...the VW part might be a useful piece of information for the parts interchange section?

Comment

Yeah I've ordered a new one from vw heritage, £47!! But it's got to be right, near enough is not good enough on a ground up restoration.

Comment

Working...
            X