maestro turbo REAR anti roll bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maestro turbo REAR anti roll bar

all, does anyone have a picture to hand of the rear axle of a maestro turbo and the rear roll bar set up?
    i will be incorporating one into my MG1600 restoration so could do with good clear pics of the set up/mounting brackets and mounting points.

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
    all, does anyone have a picture to hand of the rear axle of a maestro turbo and the rear roll bar set up?
    i will be incorporating one into my MG1600 restoration so could do with good clear pics of the set up/mounting brackets and mounting points.
    I'll be able to take one tomorrow or sunday if nobody else comes up with one. It is an efi, but same setup, it fixes through the two holes on either side under the strut mount & follows the line of the rear axle, so very simple, but sometimes a pain to remove.

Comment

Cheers Dr D. :-)

Comment

Thread hijack! I've dropped you a PM Mr Bump!
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        Rover BRM #385
        Hyundai Tucson Premier SE (Daily run-around)

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

here are some pictures, the later axles had the lugs fitted as standard, but early ones didn't...easiest way to fit an antiroll bar is probably to get a complete axle from an efi, which will be ready assembled. The spacer between the lugs is generally rusted onto the bar... Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0004.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	335111 Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0003.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	335112 Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0005.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	335113
          Attached Files

Comment

That's.fantastic Dr D, appreciate your time and Info mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
              That's.fantastic Dr D, appreciate your time and Info mate.
              No problem, hope you get it sorted out, Rover 200 anti roll bar is similar, not sure if they are interchangeable though... How are you getting on with the rest of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

No problem, hope you get it sorted out, Rover 200 anti roll bar is similar, not sure if they are interchangeable though... How are you getting on with the rest of the car?
                Not to bad thanks, its always slow at the start, stripping, bagging/tagging, cleaning, ive bought around 90% new parts, so itl be a near enough new car so to speak., i think it will be ready for paint in 4/5 weeks fingers crossed.

Comment

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing the finished article...

Comment

I fitted the rear anti roll bar to my 86 HLS when new, so I assume all rear axles had the location points once the EFI came out. With no other suspension changes, i'm sure it was a waste of time, but I was only 18 and I thought it was sporty!

Comment

Working...
                    X