Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MG Maestro Turbo Brake Component Part Numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Maestro Turbo Brake Component Part Numbers?

I have just received an email off PAW Engineering letting me know that he has the materials, and the programs are written to produce some more of his big brake kits which is great news. Now I need to start gathering the rest of the parts of the maestro braking system so it would be a great help if anyone has the part numbers. I want everything replacing so the whole system is new. On googling most placed that are advertising parts are out of stock. It will make it a lot easy tracking down the parts with the numbers unless anyone knows of somewhere that sells them all. The garage it will be going to will have the copper pipe I should imagine. So, I should need:
    • Callipers right and left (Are these the same as the 2.0 Montego? As I have found a few for sale for Austin Montego 2.0 but not for the Maestro)
    • Pads (Which are the best available? I see they once did greenstuff pads can’t find any now. I like using Ferodo ds2500 but I can’t see them doing them for this calliper. Do MGF pads fit?)
    • Rear brake drum
    • Rear brake shoes (Can you get upgraded ones of these?)
    • Rear wheel cylinders
    • Brake master cylinder

I have seen a braided brake line kit so that’s sorted. Is there anything I have missed regarding braking components? Obviously, the big brake kit includes the front disks. All to fit MG Maestro Turbo. Thanks in advance Andrew
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

If put yellow stuff pads in mine they had to be made to order,all of the braided hoses on the market are the wrong ones for our cars I had a company make the correct ones I will find there details

Comment

They need the slot in them to fit the body
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks' for that information. How do you find the yellow stuff pads from cold?
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

It's not finished so not tried them fitted them in loads of other cars
          rival motor sport is the company for the brake lines

Comment

Brake discs are normally VW Corrado G60 discs redrilled for the Maestro PCD, so not difficult to find using the web. Greenstuff pads aren't available any more. I would suggest using Mintex 1144 compound as a good alternative. Brake drums are common across the range and the standard brake caliper is the same as the EFi. Montego ones are ok if for the petrol engine, as there is a difference to the diesel engine cars. For the front calipers, MGF/TF brakes are good upgrade as you can go twin or four piston versions, depending on the sort of performance you need from your brakes.
            Membership Secretary
            Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
            2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
            1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Working...
            X