Indicators not self canceling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicators not self canceling

Hello to all this is my first post and i appreciate being able to ask for advice.
    I bought my 1988 Maestro and use it as a daily driver which it does well but it has developed a problem with the indicators that have stopped self canceling and i have a few questions i would like to ask.
    I have removed the steering wheel and was told that you had to make sure that the arrow on the plastic sleeve had to be at 9 oclock and the lug on the back of the wheel had to fit in the notch in the ring the problem i am having is when replaceing the wheel the lug is about 5mm away from entering the notch and is as close as i can get it.
    Also how is the stalk clamped to the column.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

At the rear of the steering wheel there is an extra part that sticks out, when putting the wheel back on that part needs to go into the opening cut out on the self leveling mechanism at the top, not 9oclock. The mechanism opening can be turned to the top to match the rear of the wheel. To remove the whole mechanism. It's clamped with a screw underneath that tightens a clamp , if you loosen it you can remove the mechanism after un clipping the electrical connections. Do not completely unscrew it as it only needs loosening
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th March 2022, 20:06.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply i got them working again cheers for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X