No announcement yet.

Maestro, and possibly Montego as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did re-trim the sun visors, but had to forgo the passenger side mirror, which, for me aint a problem, i will try and send some pics over if i can, but layling on my back ,in the back seat, isnt exactly the easiest place to take pics from, or from the front with the seats fully reclined. All i can say (whilst awaiting photos) is Trimania did a fantasic job, and those that have seen it say is is better than the original, so what more can i say.
    While clearing out some files, found a couple of very rare Montego Brochures. One is for the body kits available at the time, and the other is for the full spec brochure on the Turbo. Genuine Rover/MG brochures. I brought these nearly 30 years ago when i had my 2 motobuild tuned Montego Turbo,s. I have never seen these anywhere else since, although i am sure someone will tell me that they have a dozen in the cupboard and aint worth tuppence each, but disagree.
    Still, i will be posting them on the items for sale, once i get the downloading right, and hopefully they will go to someone who can appreciate them, but not at a giveaway price, rather confine them to the Maestro Turbo file.

Comment

Need the money for the prospective engine work on the Maestro Turbo. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post

My early maestro (Y reg) had the traditional bar fixing type headlining and the later Rover MG had a polystyrene panel.
        now my question is and to skylines, its a panel that needs re-covering, just like a bmw roof panel? I cant understand how this would be considered somthing a trimmer would need to complete? Or is there a trap door in the re-covering process that catches people out?
        Perhaps I'm reading too much into the process?
        I have to assume its the headlining on a biscuit type as its a later model with sunroof and the sun visors. Plenty of trimmers re-cover headlinings but not heard yet of one doing sun visors. Still waiting to see the outcome but i'm sure hes on it ,
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
        X