Maestro, and possibly Montego as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro, and possibly Montego as well

Hi Guys, hopefully you have seen the recent pic of my Maestro Turbo on Club Chat.
    but, just wanted to share what is probably a common problem with all MMM members, Maestro,Montego,Metro owners
    My car is now after some extensive refurbishment, in very good condition, but the one ,or two, things that let it down is the Headlining and Sun Visors.
    At a recent show, was talking to someone about this, and they canme up with a local company thatt may be able to help. Went along to see them this morning and they had a look at the MG. Yes, we can sort this, including the visors they said, and at a very reasonable price. They are super busy so got to wait till 23rd May, but, once this is done, Maestro Turbo will be 100%, and hopefully be worth every penny of the £18K agreed insurance value.
    The Company is TrimMania in Wokingham Berks. 01189 734999.
    When visiting them today they had some cars in their Workshop, having full re-trims ,that would knock the MG into a cocked hat, and i felt like the poor relation, but these guys really seem to know their stuff.

That's good to know., Will look forward to the results
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

could do with mine doing look forward to the results
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

As soon as it's done will let all know

Comment

Superb job, would recommend

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
            Superb job, would recommend
            Are you going to show us with a few pictures?

Comment

Will do, but despite the Kings ransom spent on the Turbo am still trying to come to terms with a possible engine rebuild on top of everything else, so the MG is not on the top of my Christmas Card list at the moment..
              it has missed quite a few events recently where the Skyline took presidence including a prestigious event at a private school prom night, where i took a neighbours son in the Skyline. It got voted car of the event. Would attach some pictures but this website is not allowing it.
              ah well, let's forget about the Turbo for the time till I win the lottery.

Comment

If the site isn't allowing pictures to be posted then they're possibly too large

Comment

Will try again, whilst the Maestro Turbo is languishing in sorrow in the garage. Trying to not think about it at the moment.

Comment

So no pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

Are you going to show us with a few pictures?
                      Jeff, can you confirm, early maestros had the traditional metal bar/vinyl type head lining and later types were a one piece polystyrene panel?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post

Jeff, can you confirm, early maestros had the traditional metal bar/vinyl type head lining and later types were a one piece polystyrene panel?
                        Nearly correct but I'm not too sure about maestro headlinings. Early maestros did have bars and headliner material, then had a sort of cardboard headliner made up of re-cycled paper and moulded onto shape. If no sunroof they shaped it with a bar shape in the centre for strength, later maestros had the polystyrene headliner with a different shape as they moved the front interior lamp to the sides. I maybe wrong on this but all this is from memory and that's getting fuzzy these days. You will need someone else to confirm or put you right. Why do you ask?
                        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th July 2022, 07:59.

Comment

Hi Guys.
                          sorry for the negative response, but sure you can understand that after all the Turbo has cost, not feeling too happy.
                          the headlining is amazing and will post some pics.
                          Trimmania have done a fantastic job.
                          The Skyline is still the ace in my hand, and will always win out.
                          Ask anyone at an event, Skyline R34, or MG Maestro, no comparison.
                          spent more on the MG in the last 3 years than on the Skyline in the last 8 years, but the MG still only worth a quarter of the Skyline .
                          so why do I love it so much. Maybe to relive my past, but at what price. There has to be a cut off point at sometime

Comment

I've done plenty of headlinings, it was the sunvisors I was interested in, but as it seems you've unable to let us view, I will never know
                            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th July 2022, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

Nearly correct but I'm not too sure about maestro headlinings. Early maestros did have bars and headliner material, then had a sort of cardboard headliner made up of re-cycled paper and moulded onto shape. If no sunroof they shaped it with a bar shape in the centre for strength, later maestros had the polystyrene headliner with a different shape as they moved the front interior lamp to the sides. I maybe wrong on this but all this is from memory and that's getting fuzzy these days. You will need someone else to confirm or put you right. Why do you ask?
                              My early maestro (Y reg) had the traditional bar fixing type headlining and the later Rover MG had a polystyrene panel.
                              now my question is and to skylines, its a panel that needs re-covering, just like a bmw roof panel? I cant understand how this would be considered somthing a trimmer would need to complete? Or is there a trap door in the re-covering process that catches people out?
                              Perhaps I'm reading too much into the process?

Comment

Working...
                              X