Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for alternative van tyres sizes to 165/80R13 - preferably all season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for alternative van tyres sizes to 165/80R13 - preferably all season?

Hi all,
    My new van is a 500 L 2.0 Diesel, M reg. The wheels are rusty, so I'm getting them refurbished this week.
    2 of the 4 tyres are perished, so I am looking to replace all 4 with new, possibly all season tyres of an appropriate load rating.
    Availability of 165/80R13 tyres doesn't seem good - and I am biased against cheap Chinese tyres so I am considering other sizes. Does anyone have experience of alternative tyres sizes?
    How wide can I go on the stock rims?
    One of the online calculator sites tells me that 185/70 R13 have a similar circumference so won't affect the speedometer too much.

Does anyone have experience and recommendations of tyres to fit?

Best regards,
    Lee

The rims are 5", so 185/70 should be fine. I've got 15" wheels on mine with 175 tyres, not had any problems with them, the bigger diameter just means that the speedo is not as wildly optimistic as it used to be!

Comment

Thanks DrDiesel - the wheels are going off for blasting and powder coating today so I’ll order some 185/70 R13 tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Fowkes View Post
        Thanks DrDiesel - the wheels are going off for blasting and powder coating today so I’ll order some 185/70 R13 tyres.
        Probably a lot easier to get the right load rating on a 185 anyway, 165 is quite narrow by modern standards, I wouldn't be too worried about going to 185/80 if need be, the speedos genearally overread by quite a margin

Comment

Working...
        X