Adjusting the Co on throttle body 2.0EFi engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting the Co on throttle body 2.0EFi engine

Can anyone say with certainty in which direction (clockwise - anticlockwise) you need to turn screw on throttle body to adjust the Co ?
    To increase the Co is it clockwise or anti ?
    thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by Soulcharger; 20th June 2022, 16:32.

Back from my hols now. To lower the fuel ratio it's anti clockwise, to increase its clockwise. So if running rich you screw anti clockwise
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
      Back from my hols now. To lower the fuel ratio it's anti clockwise, to increase its clockwise. So if running rich you screw anti clockwise

Here's what I have, a low Co but running rich, we've tried turning the screw to increase the Co to it's required 2 - 2.5% but couldn't get above 1.5% (according to the AR manual need to do this before tune-up and setting idle speed). Of course then it's running even richer so we turned it back to approx. 1.00% as you see Lambda value at about 0.9. Any advice ?
      Regards
      Chris
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220620_141808230_HDR~2.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	335628

Comment

I'm guessing you have ruled out any other part of the fuel management part of the system.? Air flow meter, coolant sensor , all injectors are clear etc. and have followed Gary's advise of setting the mixture and idle?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
          I'm guessing you have ruled out any other part of the fuel management part of the system.? Air flow meter, coolant sensor , all injectors are clear etc. and have followed Gary's advise of setting the mixture and idle?

New coolant sensor (better reading on the dashboard), new fuel ECU, new idle valve, will take a look at air filter to see if anything miss there but not air flow meter. My throttle body is MZW 1017 those don't have the mixture screw it's blanked off. I need a temporary fix until next week should I reduce the Co to reduce the rich running ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post

New coolant sensor (better reading on the dashboard), new fuel ECU, new idle valve, will take a look at air filter to see if anything miss there but not air flow meter. My throttle body is MZW 1017 those don't have the mixture screw it's blanked off. I need a temporary fix until next week should I reduce the Co to reduce the rich running ? Thanks
            You can only give it a go Chris. Try turning it the other way and see what that does.

Comment

You can only give it a go Chris. Try turning it the other way and see what that does.

It's not driving any worse needs to do a 500km journey this weekend, will start looking seriously at what could be wrong (making a long list I suspect) and letting a Bosch electronic garage take a look. My guess is that there's a blockage/leak/broken seal/gasket etc because outside of this engine runs fine. Made some headway on the potentiometer, change the Philips screws with hex nuts as we couldn't tighten the screws enough and it stays a magnificent 325mv constantly now .

Thanks for you input & advice
              Chris

Comment

Working...
              X