Maestro 1.6 petrol tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro 1.6 petrol tank

Hi does anyone know if a 20l efi tank will fit my 1.6 is there any difference between them

It will fit, the difference is that the efi tank has fuel feed and return pipes fitted to the back of the tank, it also has a swirl pot fitted inside the tank The 1300/1600 has fuel pick up/feed pipe built in to the gauge sender unit. I'm not 100% certain, but suspect that the 1600 pick up pipe would hit the swirl pot if you tried to fit it to an efi tank, best way (which saves the hassle of getting sender unit out without destroying anything) is to block the efi return pipe using a bolt that fits the hose that runs to the front of the tank and use the efi feed pipe, you'll need a stepped connector to join the hose that comes out of the tank & used to go to efi electric pump to the hose which goes to the front of the tank, this should reach your original feed pipe. (the efi gauge sender unit should work fine with your gauge)

Comment

Thanks for the all the information john

Comment

Originally posted by Duke92 View Post
        Thanks for the all the information john

No problem, I have sometimes hit snags doing similar interchangeable, but not identical, parts swaps & know a bit about the tanks from my misspent youth converting various car sale Maestros to diesel

Comment

I have been lucky to find a 1.6 fuel tank in good condition thanks to Ray Greenwood

Comment

Working...
          X